Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Flecainide split dose vs pre made dose

Posted by keeferbdeefer 
Flecainide split dose vs pre made dose
September 06, 2020 10:07AM
I have resisted posting this for awhile because it sounds so stupid. But here it goes. I take 50 mg of Flecainide in the morning and 50 at night. I take it basically to reduce ectopics. I either split a 100 in half or have also taken the pre made 50 mg dosages. I have found time and time again that the split method just keeps me more settled. I have tested this several times and didn't give it a second thought at first. But thinking back on it, there is a difference. Is this even possible? I have to say that half a one hundred looks bigger than a fifty, but that can't be right either can it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2020 10:12AM by keeferbdeefer.
Re: Flecainide split dose vs pre made dose
September 06, 2020 10:27AM
Maybe the drug manufacturer of the 100 differs from the 50? I’m married to a retired pharmacist who would not let me get my Rx from countries with low temperature control standards-hot tropical countries, India, etc. because heat can affect and lower the drug’s potency. That’s why drugs have a printed Insert to be stored between 68-78 degrees.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2020 11:16AM by susan.d.
September 06, 2020 10:46AM
Different manufacturer. Maybe so. Hmmmm...
September 06, 2020 10:55AM
Google the country of manufacturing. I bet you the 100 is from India or the Philippines.

I rarely ever took generic “flecainide”. I used to take brand name “Tambocor”.

After the USA flecainide manufacturer stopped producing the brand name, I got it from Germany and then the UK in European blister packs. It cost me $67/month-high than my generic copay but I found it cut down on my af attacks. But that’s my husband’s urging for both Tenormin brand for atenolol and Tambocor and my cancer drug.

Here are some generic manufacturers. Check each out to find origin of manufacturing.
[www.drugs.com]

An example is AMNEAL PHARM. They have many countries that their drugs are manufactured. 4 are in India. The quickest way to find out is to call up a small pharmacy and they will know what country of each manufacturer of flecainide that they can get for you. For my other drugs (blood pressure-lisinopril or the water pill in the past ), I pay a cash price of $15/month at a private pharmacy just to pick my drug manufacturer....and I get free driver delivery. Big chain pharmacies share the same warehouse that gets their drugs from countries offering the best price. So I have no choice.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2020 11:46AM by susan.d.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login