Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Webinar on natural treatment approaches to Afib

Posted by Lorraine 
Webinar on natural treatment approaches to Afib
August 13, 2020 12:55PM
On August 18th, board-certified cardiologist Dr. Jack Wolfson is presenting a one-hour webinar on natural treatment approaches to Afib.

Afib webinar
Re: Webinar on natural treatment approaches to Afib
August 13, 2020 01:26PM
This is a link for a site where he discusses his approach.
August 13, 2020 03:16PM
I have his book, The Paleo Cardiologist. Found it quite interesting. Has a useful chapter on Top 20 Supplements, and another on Top 20 Blood Tests.
August 14, 2020 03:07AM
There are so many different approaches to AFIB it just gets mind boggling.

After struggling with it for 20 plus years and trying so many different approaches I've run out of ideas.

Diet, Supplements, Yoga, Massage, Meditation, Dry Needling, Acupuncture, no exercise, some exercise et etc. all to no avail. I'm Vegetarian and live a very healthy lifestyle.

I'm not a chronic sufferer but do experience AF, Flutter, up to 8 times a month lasting between 5-12 hours with HR between 130-180, most recent 2 days ago with a preceding bout of Tachy and a heart rate I couldn't count. Always very symptomatic and anxious, especially now in the time of Covid and having to go to ER.

At my age I am at last considering ablation to at least give me a few good years.

Regards

Joy

PS: I did notice on the lnk to his website costs of blood tests, supplements etc. Very expensive.
August 18, 2020 11:26PM
I'm watching this webinar and waiting for the My Pillow guy to come on and tell me how to also cure Covid.

Anyone here actually use him and have success? Heard of such an account?
August 19, 2020 12:13AM
I watched the whole thing. It was pretty much a sales pitch for his online course. Waste of my time. I gotta stop getting sucked in on stuff like this. His online course might have some value but I suspect he’ll be pushing his supplements and testing.
August 19, 2020 12:24AM
Yes - just a sales pitch and nothing new and some far left field stuff.

I spent a little time doing DD then hanging up once I learned I was a bad father.

[www.cnn.com]
August 19, 2020 12:29AM
If you see someone claiming they have an effective treatment for AF that doesn't involve ablation, surgery or drugs, you need to ask just one question: Are they a billionaire?

If the answer is no then their claim is false.
August 19, 2020 10:10AM
Carey
If you see someone claiming they have an effective treatment for AF that doesn't involve ablation, surgery or drugs, you need to ask just one question: Are they a billionaire?

If the answer is no then their claim is false.
Which begs the question, "Why did 10,000 people with Afib sign in for this doctors "free" webinar last night?"
Answer: They are attempting to avoid Drugs, surgery and ablation which have failed miserably to get to the root cause also.
Can I cure my afib naturally? Probably not, but I can use the word "Controlled" naturally.
August 19, 2020 02:14PM
10,000 people? Perhaps. Reminds me of the old scam where you send out financial advice letter to 10,000 people the first month. Half get "market will go up" the other half get "market will go down" On month 2 you send out 5000 letters to the group your predictions were right to with the same up/down split. Repeat for a few more months and you end up with 625 people that believe you are the guru of all time and they hand you all of their money.

Wolfson (why am I thinking Wolf Ticket) can weed out a few 100 highly profitable marks from a 10,000 universe.

PS - That device for the ear - it's in England and you'll need someone local to buy it for you if you want one.
August 19, 2020 02:19PM
hwkmn05
Which begs the question, "Why did 10,000 people with Afib sign in for this doctors "free" webinar last night?"
Answer: They are attempting to avoid Drugs, surgery and ablation which have failed miserably to get to the root cause also.
Can I cure my afib naturally? Probably not, but I can use the word "Controlled" naturally.

If you judge things by how many people are willing to listen to a webinar then you're going to be accepting a whole lot of sheer nonsense. I bet at least that many people paid for dirt to cure their AF (remember bentonite?).

Can some people improve their AF with "natural" methods? Sure! Maybe it's fewer episodes or maybe lesser symptoms, and that's great, but I have yet to encounter a single person who has successfully and fully controlled AF with anything that could be called natural methods.
August 19, 2020 02:25PM
Wolfson claimed that about 1 in 200 people die in the first 30 days after an ablation.

Every heard that one?

I think the number offered was 0.46%

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2020 02:28PM by NotLyingAboutMyAfib.
August 19, 2020 02:27PM
Oh crap - I had to look.

[www.healio.com]
August 19, 2020 04:03PM
Carey

If you judge things by how many people are willing to listen to a webinar then you're going to be accepting a whole lot of sheer nonsense. I bet at least that many people paid for dirt to cure their AF (remember bentonite?).

Can some people improve their AF with "natural" methods? Sure! Maybe it's fewer episodes or maybe lesser symptoms, and that's great, but I have yet to encounter a single person who has successfully and fully controlled AF with anything that could be called natural methods.
Not judging, approving or justifying anything, just stating a fact that afib patients are seeking alternatives because they want to avoid the mainstream method which is failing them and has side effects. That is not a knock on medicine, but we know there are but a few chosen who are performing successful and safe ablations. That should disappoint us that 95% of EPs performing them should not be, but are encouraged to do so, and hence the scary stats. I m not sold either way with Jack or anyone else's natural methods, I basically follow my own research with testing and professional advice. Not cured, but not at the point where I believe ablation or meds are an end all solution, or improvement over my methods.
August 19, 2020 04:58PM
I agree completely there are a lot of EPs out there doing ablations who shouldn't be. Ablations should only be done in large centers that do thousands per year by EPs who've done a minimum of many hundreds in their careers, and preferably thousands.

The other side of that coin is there are many people out there selling snake oil to desperate patients.
August 19, 2020 05:09PM
NotLyingAboutMyAfib
Wolfson claimed that about 1 in 200 people die in the first 30 days after an ablation.

Every heard that one?

I think the number offered was 0.46%

Yeah, that's about right.

Three things to consider when you read those numbers, though: 1) That number includes people who died of causes completely unrelated to the ablation. 2) The population of ablation patients tends to be older and have more comorbidities.. 3) And above all, that number includes all centers and all EPs, including the ones that shouldn't be doing ablations at all due to low experience and low case volume.

More useful information would be asking your EP for his complication and mortality rate.
August 19, 2020 07:00PM
I think I'll trust his rep and not question him. I'm more worried now about not getting the ablation than getting it. A + covid test and I'm headed back home in AF. Covid sucks.
August 19, 2020 07:18PM
Maybe get a COVID test right before you leave? That way if you're positive you can at least cancel the flight and save some money (assuming you booked a refundable flight). Don't know about where you live but a COVID test here took 2 days to get the results.
August 19, 2020 08:11PM
I got one this AM and will be trying to isolate myself best I can this next week or reschedule if positive.

All I can do.
August 20, 2020 09:55AM
Carey
I agree completely there are a lot of EPs out there doing ablations who shouldn't be. Ablations should only be done in large centers that do thousands per year by EPs who've done a minimum of many hundreds in their careers, and preferably thousands.

The other side of that coin is there are many people out there selling snake oil to desperate patients.
Even placebos, aka, snake oil has its successes. Hey now theres a thought. Why doesnt Pharma do double blind studies using
supplements instead of sugar pills? Oh, never mind, they already refused that one.
Im not afraid of the ablation death rate stat, rather low, and find that quote by Jack to have some ambiguity to it as you point out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login