Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

EXA testing nightmare

Posted by susan.d 
EXA testing nightmare
August 10, 2020 01:37PM
Just posting —it isn’t that easy to get the test. How much trouble was it for you folks to get this test since many suggested getting it done?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2020 08:03PM by susan.d.
Re: EXA testing nightmare
August 10, 2020 07:38PM
I am a repeat customer of theirs.
I have had to put pressure on them in the past to to this, but know as long as I get in contact with Lady that has been there awhile, they let me do it this way:

1) Get my Dr. to write an Rx for the EXA test, (the diagnostic code is for Atrial Fibrillation for Ins. purposes)
2) I send the Rx to the EXA test office in Oregon the Rx, and they mail me the Kit.
3) I take the swab and mail it back to them.

Several weeks later they send both me and the prescribing Dr. the results.

I do it this way, because I don't have access to a Dr. that normally does this test, and it would probably be expensive to
go somewhere just for this. I also have relayed a sense of urgency to them in the past.
August 17, 2020 10:19AM
Susan. I've always been envious of how you can get an event recorder seemingly at will. Doesn't sound like it ever costs you much. I had to get one once for two weeks and it cost me $700 out of pocket and I have private insurance. I'm reluctant to do it ever again for that reason alone. Whatever you're paying for this lab, just be thankful you don't have private insurance. Sucks either way, I get it.
August 19, 2020 12:57PM
I am thankful for my secondary insurance and shopping for drug coupons.

I am waiting for EXA test to mail out the test. They accept Medicare. I will be fulfilling my secondary insurance Deductible in two weeks so it will be free. The secondary insurance has no premiums. Part of my husband’s union retirement benefits. EXA test has a cash price of about $275 otherwise if I had no insurance.

And it’s not only testing I feel fortunate ...Did you know if you are on Multaq and Eliquis you may qualify to get monthly discounts? Multaq gives a monthly $50 discount which covers my copay so it’s free. Eliquis costs me $10/month.

You just need to ask your Cvs pharmacist which drugs manufacturers offer coupons. They were the ones who hooked me up.
August 20, 2020 05:43PM
susan.d
I am waiting for EXA test to mail out the test.

How did you organize this. Did you find a practitioner near you, or do as Anti-Fib suggested?
August 20, 2020 07:18PM
GeorgeN
I am waiting for EXA test to mail out the test.

How did you organize this. Did you find a practitioner near you, or do as Anti-Fib suggested?

Combo of both of your questions. Sweetest lady at EXA. My GP wrote me a Rx and EXA accepted it. It’s being sent out. I didn’t get it yet. Should be any day. It was easy. My husband will swab me instead of returning back to my GP. He is qualified. I won’t get the results back for a long bit. They quarantine their mail for 14 days due to covid19. And FYI for thoses who live outside of USA, you are out of luck. Due to Fedex delays, they are not accepting at this time non USA Rx.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login