Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

IL-17 and AF

Posted by susan.d 
IL-17 and AF
August 09, 2020 02:06PM
Increasing evidence indicates that inflammation and atrial fibrosis contribute to the pathogenesis of this condition. Interleukin (IL)-17A, a potent pro-inflammatory cytokine, has been implicated in the development of a number of cardiovascular diseases. However, its role in post-operative AF remains unknown. In the present study, sterile pericarditis (SP) was induced in rats by the epicardial application of sterile talc.

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

I am planning on getting the test this week. It has been mentioned on this forum the speculation of inflammatory could possibly be the cause.

Quest Diagnostics Lab test code: 36625
Interleukin-17 (IL-17 serum test)

Plus there has always been discussions on GERD and PPI such as Prilosec. Maybe IL-17 inflammation is involved as well?

Interleukin-17 in human inflammatory diseases

IL-17 and human inflammatory diseases
IL-17A in humans are associated with pathology in numerous autoimmune and inflammatory conditions, such as rheumatoid arthritis (RA), multiple sclerosis (MS), psoriasis, Crohn’s disease, systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), asthma, Behçet’s disease, and hyper IgE syndrome [33].

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
Re: IL-17 and AF
August 09, 2020 02:12PM
Nice post ! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
August 09, 2020 02:13PM
Haven't had it tested in a while but it ran between 0.2-0.6 pg/mL with max healthy being 1.9 pg/mL from the lab doing the test.
August 09, 2020 02:37PM
GeorgeN
Haven't had it tested in a while but it ran between 0.2-0.6 pg/mL with max healthy being 1.9 pg/mL from the lab doing the test.
What lab? Quest? So did your results come back within range being under 1.9?

I want to give my GP a lab test List including EXA test so I figure what’s one more test-IL-17? Quest picks up daily from his office so it’s doable. I get the Berkeley heart lab inflammation panel every 3-6 months plus another lab that measures different cardiac testing. Not all doctors use Berkeley labs. You can call them up and they will provide all the doctors in your area who uses their labs. My GP tests thyroid, iron, co-q-10 levels, zinc...the list goes on.
August 09, 2020 02:38PM
NotLyingAboutMyAfib
Nice post ! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Thank you
August 09, 2020 05:50PM
susan.d

What lab? Quest? So did your results come back within range being under 1.9?

Yes, way under 1.9. At the time it was Verdia, which was previously Singulex. The lab companies who aren't Quest or Labcorp are in big financial turmoil.

Most of our labs are now run on Cleveland Heart, which is now owned by Quest, but IL-17 wasn't one of those on the last two blood draws.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login