Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Modified Citrus Pectin - How many are using it?

Posted by PoetKim 
Modified Citrus Pectin - How many are using it?
July 24, 2020 03:55PM
How many people here are using Modified Citrus Pectin as part of you AF-prevention and heart-rebuilding strategy? I have been reading about it online (thanks to this group!), and about the importance of inhibiting Galectin-3.

The good MCP (EcoNugenics PectaSol-C) costs $154 (Canadian $) for a pound on Amazon. I don't usually spend that much on a supplement I have never tried before. Have other people here found MCP useful? Do you feel you have less AF because of it? From everything I am reading it seems really important to inhibit Galectin-3, which this product will theoretically do.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2020 04:18PM by PoetKim.
Re: Modified Citrus Pectin - How many are using it?
July 24, 2020 04:30PM
PoetKim
How many people here are using Modified Citrus Pectin as part of you AF-prevention and heart-rebuilding strategy? I have been reading about it online (thanks to this group!), and about the importance of inhibiting Galectin-3.

The good MCP (EcoNugenics PectaSol-C) costs $154 (Canadian $) for a pound on Amazon. I don't usually spend that much on a supplement I have never tried before. Have other people here found MCP useful? Do you feel you have less AF because of it? From everything I am reading it seems really important to inhibit Galectin-3, which this product will theoretically do.

Gundry tests us for Galectin-3 and suggests Modified Citrus Pectin to lower it. He told us the formulation was patented, so every supplier was the same and find the cheapest source. The Swanson's is the cheapest I've found [www.swansonvitamins.com]

I would not say I use it as part of my afib remission program, which existed and was effective long before I added MCP in.
Re: Modified Citrus Pectin - How many are using it?
July 24, 2020 05:08PM
Thank you George. I will check the Swanson's link.

I was reading this article in a medical journal about how modified citrus pectins are not all the same - molecular weight/size matters [journals.physiology.org]

"We agree with Dr. Eliaz that MCP products are by far from standardized, and therefore one needs to be aware of multiple citrus pectin products that might not have the same effect as seen in published studies. In this context, MCP provided by PectaSol-C (P-MCP, ecoNugenics) with a molecular mass < 13 kDa may be superior, considering that MCP with smaller molecular sizes would have better absorption."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2020 05:09PM by PoetKim.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login