Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tom Seest's cardioversion from mold has held for 6 months.

Posted by GeorgeN 
Tom Seest's cardioversion from mold has held for 6 months.
July 16, 2020 03:48PM
Carey

In any case, I remain hopeful.

Nice to hear from you. Can you check back in, say, in six months and let us know how it turned out? (Sooner if it doesn't turn out well.)

From this thread.

My friend Tom Seest just posted elsewhere that his cardioversion, as described in the linked thread has held for 6 months. I will ping him and ask him to check in here.

Tom said on FB, "No AFib. I was cardioverted six months ago today. I still have PVC's and PAC's but I've reduced my Bystolic intake to once every 3 to 9 days, so I don't get the PVC's or PAC's that often anymore. They seem to be a side effect of Bystolic for me."

and

"I've been increasing the distance between dosages for over a year now. I only take it when I go into tachycardia which seems to be every 3 to 9 days. Lately, aged garlic at 900 mg seems to be improving the time elapsed between doses. When I take Bystolic, I take 20mg."

"Yeah. I got physical withdrawal symptoms at about 8 days without the Bystolic so I'm upping my doses on alternative beta blockers. I was at 300mg per day and upped it to 900mg and it seems to have given me an additional day to day and a half.
Re: Tom Seest's cardioversion from mold has held for 6 months.
July 16, 2020 07:14PM
I also found Bystolic to increase Ectopy/PAC's. Is Tom Seest a regular exerciser, does he fit into the VMLAF category?
July 16, 2020 07:44PM
The Anti-Fib
I also found Bystolic to increase Ectopy/PAC's. Is Tom Seest a regular exerciser, does he fit into the VMLAF category?

Tom had an injury in 2000? He gained a lot of weight. He would ride a bicycle, even when he had heart failure. Not at a fast speed. When he "used fasting and the ketogenic diet to reverse remodel from an LVEF of 27% to 53% in 5 months before he cardioverted me.", I believe he was also cycling. He did cycle, but he may not be the "typical" VMLAF person. He'd have to answer for sure. I've pinged him to respond here, he will, if he has time. He is very busy with his work.
July 16, 2020 07:55PM
Thanks George, also I am wondering, how does he know the ketogenic diet and fasting was responsible for the increased
ejection fraction? Could have been other factors like weight loss or better rate control.
July 16, 2020 08:00PM
The Anti-Fib
Thanks George, also I am wondering, how does he know the ketogenic diet and fasting was responsible for the increased
ejection fraction? Could have been other factors like weight loss or better rate control.

Tom should answer this. I'm guessing it is the BNP, as I posted here with his data & he linked some articles in this post.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login