Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Watchman FLX

Posted by Carey 
Watchman FLX
July 14, 2020 12:50AM
There have been a number of questions and discussions here about the Watchman device and a lot of questions about when the new model, the FLX, will be available. Everything I'd been hearing pointed to late 2020 or early 2021, but I heard from an extremely reliable source today that the FLX will probably receive FDA approval in August. The initial release will probably be limited, meaning you'll only be offered it at selected centers, but if it's something you've been wondering about the answer is probably 2021.
Re: Watchman FLX
July 14, 2020 03:05PM
Carey
There have been a number of questions and discussions here about the Watchman device and a lot of questions about when the new model, the FLX, will be available. Everything I'd been hearing pointed to late 2020 or early 2021, but I heard from an extremely reliable source today that the FLX will probably receive FDA approval in August. The initial release will probably be limited, meaning you'll only be offered it at selected centers, but if it's something you've been wondering about the answer is probably 2021.
Thanks Carey. Any updates on expanded insurance criteria for approval?
July 14, 2020 09:02PM
Daisy
Any updates on expanded insurance criteria for approval?

No, I've heard nothing about that, and I doubt Medicare and insurance companies will rush to cover it because of this. They've seen the evidence that LAA occlusion devices are cheaper than anticoagulants over the span of about 5 years, but they're slow to accept reality when it involves more money up front and less money in the long run. Profits and stock price, ya know.
Mac
July 22, 2020 01:22AM
Looks like the FLX was approved by the FDA today

FDA FLX approval
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login