Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nerve tingle/itch in left thigh

Posted by LaniB 
Nerve tingle/itch in left thigh
May 25, 2020 10:06AM
Has anyone ever experienced sort of a mild itchy, tingly, nervy feeling right where fingers would touch left thigh while standing? and could it possibly be tied to Afib? For the past six months or so when I'm in AF, it's there, . When I'm free of AF it's not there. If it's some sort of nerve issue, I wonder if anyone knows which B vitamin, food or other supplement might help. Any ideas? I know I always ask outlandish questions, but if anyone would have any knowledge of this, it would be your guys...
Re: Nerve tingle/itch in left thigh
May 26, 2020 09:26PM
How long does this sensation last?

I had something like that about a dozen times over the last 3-4 years or so. It stopped about 6 months ago. To me, I perceived some kind of electrical energy release, kind of a shocking sensation. It was really noticeable, but only lasted for several seconds. It happened to me only when I was in NSR though. Also I never narrowed it down to one side, I am not sure about which side it happened on.
May 26, 2020 09:31PM
I started getting nerve spasms/tingling last August after a bad experience with the sedative for my cardiovert. the ER guy who thought I was in v-tach and Cardioverted me with three drugs that triggered hypoxia. I woke up with muscle spasms where my foot felt locked and I couldn’t undo it for a minute. It returns when in bed I stretch my legs. Painful. I have to manually undo the lock. I had nerve pains accompanying . After my ablation they returned. I was cardioverted with the same drugs during the ablation. Last week I was cardiovert again and they knew not to give those drugs to me. No muscle lock/nerve pains afterwards.

Lani B, were you recently cardioverted? If so what sedative did they give you? Are you on multaq? It gives me an itchy side effect.
May 30, 2020 09:59PM
I've never been cardioverted. It is there most of the time when in AF. . It's definitely a nerve, if I scratch or rub it, it will go away for a while. It returns though. When I was on Amiodarone for about 3 weeks, 2 of the 3 weeks i didn't feel it at all. Then tapered off Amio and had a ablation done on May 11, by Dr. Hranitzky in Raleigh. I was afraid to fly at that time, so Raliegh was withing driving distance. After ablation i started back on Amiodarone, a lesser dose, just so i could be sure not to have any break-through Afib while i was babysitting grandchildren. Still feel it, but it seems muted. I just wondered if there was sorme sort of nerve connection on the left side. It's always in that same spot, and was not there when i was in NSR. Just wondered if anyone else has had that. Going to get off Amio again in a couple of weeks. After my blanking period, i am counting on all of this going away for a long time,

Thank you Susan D and Anti Afib for your input. Susan I'm sorry you had to experience that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login