Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

beta-sitosterol and hsCRP ?

beta-sitosterol and hsCRP ?
May 24, 2020 07:59PM
For some time, I've been using a CPAP and have declining hsCRP levels but still not below 1. At the same time, I do exercise regularly and this does cause some variations in hsCRP.

In Hans' 12 step guide he mentions taking beta-sitosterol for hsCRP but I can't find any source on PubMed or elsewhere for this.

[www.google.com]

I went ahead and ordered some beta-sitosterol but was hoping someone might also have experience with it and hsCRP.

Thinking next time I go for an hsCRP lab do I game it by not doing exercise for a few days first or do I stay on track and let it report the reality?

[www.dovepress.com]

The long term effects of exercise benefit hsCRP - so I am leaning towards stay the course.

[www.health.harvard.edu]
Re: beta-sitosterol and hsCRP ?
May 24, 2020 09:28PM
Haven't thought about this in a while. I know that you've said you have a high CAC score. Some plant sterols are used to lower serum lipids. I know that for some genetics, this plant sterol usage is not optimal. I'd have to look at this to get more detail. I'm guessing Peter Attia addresses this somewhere and perhaps in his "audiobook" set of podcasts with Tom Dayspring. I know Gundry tested us for this back in 2015 and said we were not good candidates for these sterols. I'd have to look at my notes. BTW, this does not apply to eating plant foods, only the concentrated supplements.

{edit} turns out my wife and I are hyper absorbers of sterols, hence plant sterols are out for us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2020 09:55PM by GeorgeN.
Re: beta-sitosterol and hsCRP ?
May 25, 2020 11:12AM
One day - I will be tossing out several hundred dollars of dubious supplements - Amazon makes it too easy to get the next magic pill. If I had to go to a health food store and pay local retail I probably would only be taking a Centrum once a day.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login