Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

EP in Atlanta area recommendation

Posted by gadawgfan 
EP in Atlanta area recommendation
April 25, 2020 09:59AM
Hi, I had a cryo ablation March 3 in Port Charlotte, FL. EP trained in Bordeaux so I thought I'd be getting RF ablation. At consult he recommended cryo, I think so he can better control his busy schedule. My fault for not putting it off until we got back home.

Anyways, he found a slow AV node and put in a pacemaker the next day. I stayed in NSR for one week then back in persistant afib, feeling much worse than pre-op.

I'm now back in Atlanta, but can't get cardioverted due to Covid-19.

I've seen a recommended EP who does RF ablations and think he'll be fine.

But, if anyone has a recommendation I'd like to get a second opinion. The EP in my regular cardio group only does cryo, so he's out.

Thanks for any recommendations!

Doug
Re: EP in Atlanta area recommendation
April 26, 2020 08:49AM
Im guessing with the latest shut downs, even scheduling could be a challenge right now? This is going to create one heck of a backlog for ablations I think when things open back up. I would be curious to know if this is happening now.
Re: EP in Atlanta area recommendation
April 26, 2020 11:22AM
The number one criteria you need to be looking at in choosing an EP to do an ablation is experience. How many AF ablations has the doctor done? The answer needs to at least be many hundreds but preferably many thousands. This is not a procedure you want done by someone who's doing a dozen or two per year. The center where it will be done also needs to be high volume, and not just a high volume of other procedures. Both the doctor and the center need to do a high volume of AF ablations specifically.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login