Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ectopics 5-months post ablation

Posted by bkimura 
Ectopics 5-months post ablation
April 22, 2020 01:23PM
Hello,
I received a Natale ablation about exactly 5-months ago down in Auston. (11/20/19) Shortly after discontinuing Flecainde approximately 1-month ago, I've been having lots of ectopics. (Seems to be all PACs) I'm able to control them if I take 50MG Flecainide once daily but I'm trying to avoid the medication all together. Do you think this is a sign that the Natale ablation was a failure (albeit no afib yet) and that my long term prognosis isn't good? Or are post-ablation ectopics very common and I can expect these to dissipate over time? When I had discontinued all medication 5-days prior ot the procedure, I didn't receive a single ectopic that I was aware of and no afib. Things seem to be worse now, at least from an ectopic standpoint. I'm starting to feel very discouraged and wondering if I made a mistake by going to Natale. Thank you for your support.
Re: Ectopics 5-months post ablation
April 22, 2020 09:46PM
I really don’t think you made a mistake. PACs are quite annoying, for sure. Are you supplementing anything like magnesium to see if that helps?
April 23, 2020 12:26AM
Definitely not a mistake, and your ablation wasn't a failure. The fact that you've had no sustained AF without flecainide this far out proves the ablation was successful. I know the ectopics are annoying, but they're not AF. What you're experiencing is common even with successful ablations. I can't promise they'll diminish in the coming months, but they most likely will.
April 23, 2020 12:45PM
I've had 4 ablations. 2 with Natale (Nov 2017 and April 2018). Always had occasional but manageable ectopics post ablation after stopping meds. (I take 300mg of magnesium per day.) Started bad ectopics basically 24/7 for about a week at about 9 months out. After several sleepless nights, decided to go to 50 mg flec and 12.5 mg atenolol. This dosage kept the ectopics in check for about a year. Had recurrance of bad ectopics this past Feb. Increased flec to 100 mg.So far so good. Everyone's condition is so different with this disease. Mine had progressed to a severe case. I was honestly told be my local EP that none of the EPs (there are 8 EPs at this hospital) could have done what Natale has done. He also told me that if I would have stayed with them I would probably be in permanent AF and on rate control. While I am still on meds, I am very grateful for what Natate has done and would (will) go back to him for another go at the beast. Hope this helps.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login