Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Strophanthus herb

Posted by californiagal 
Strophanthus herb
February 10, 2020 09:21PM
Does anyone have experience taking the European herb Strophanthus? I understand it keeps the heart in a steady rhythm and does this by activating the parasympathetic nervous system.
Re: Strophanthus herb
February 10, 2020 09:37PM
I tried it for a little. It was very "spicy" for me, under the tongue. I didn't really notice anything but I didn't take it a long time either. It was really expensive though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2020 09:49PM by cirenepurzalot.
February 10, 2020 11:50PM
californiagal
Does anyone have experience taking the European herb Strophanthus? I understand it keeps the heart in a steady rhythm and does this by activating the parasympathetic nervous system.
If it really does activate the parasympathetic nervous system that would be bad news for those of us who have a vagal (parasympathetic) trigger—it could trigger Afib. But aside from that, reading about it, it sounds like it could be dangerous for other reasons too.
February 11, 2020 04:17AM
That’s one of the reasons I stopped it too. Sounded like it could be dangerous.
February 11, 2020 10:43AM
It works similarly to digoxin, which used to be used routinely in afib treatment but is now known to be an inappropriate choice. Unlike digoxin, which at least has known dosing parameters, you're on your own with herbs and supplements.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login