Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New-onset ventricular arrhythmias post radiofrequency catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation

Posted by susan.d 
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

I don’t understand this. I’m told by my local EP that my Marathon onset of PVCs that started 10 days after my AF ablation are not related because my ventricular part of my heart was not touched. That said my PVCs feel constant now, more frequent than the 17.3% pvc burden the Zio patch found. I was at my oncologist yesterday and they kept me in the exam room with a heated blanket and a heat pad because my HR was 34-37 for two hours using their oximeter that couldn’t distinguish a low HR to a steady pvc.

I’m scheduled for another zio patch next month.
Re: New-onset ventricular arrhythmias post radiofrequency catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation
February 06, 2020 11:30AM
Did you read the conclusion?

This study revealed a noticeable prevalence but relatively benign prognosis of new-onset VAs post RFCA for AF. Increased serum leukocyte counts ≥50% post ablation appeared to be associated with new-onset VAs, implying that inflammatory response caused by the ablation may be the underlying mechanism.

In other words, the PVCs are a reaction to inflammation and therefore should diminish over time. They aren't due to anything done to your ventricles because nothing was done to your ventricles. No catheter ever touched them.
I got that but I still cannot have inflammation after 4.5 months and the pvc frequently has increased. Berkeley heart lab inflammation tests came back with better scores post ablation than pre ablation.
Re: New-onset ventricular arrhythmias post radiofrequency catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation
February 06, 2020 01:58PM
susan.d
I got that but I still cannot have inflammation after 4.5 months and the pvc frequently has increased. Berkeley heart lab inflammation tests came back with better scores post ablation than pre ablation.

You absolutely can and do have inflammation 4.5 months post-op. The elevated resting heart rate that almost always follows ablation can last over a year, and that's due to inflammation. I wouldn't interpret those test scores to mean otherwise.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login