Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Xeralto

Posted by Elizabeth 
Xeralto
February 03, 2020 03:06PM
I was talking to a Pharmacist at the Xeralto site, I was told that there will be no Generic until Aug. in the year 24 and Eliquis in the year 31. I have read on this site that there is a generic coming for Eliquis this year, who is right? The Pharmacist also said that the drugs have 30 years before they have a generic. I am taking xeralto I had to pay $337.00 for the beginning of this year than the cost drops to 47.00 dollars until I meet the donut hole than I have to pay 25% of the cost of Xeralto.

Also since my Prescription drug is Siliver script which is Part D of Medicare I cannot have coupons to help bring the cost of a drug down. I can use the coupon and pay out of pocket but can't use the two together (medicare and a coupon). isn't Gov. wonderful:eye rolling smiley.

liz
Re: Xeralto
February 03, 2020 07:13PM
I don't think I'd take the word of a Xarelto employee about when a generic Eliquis will be available.

The FDA has already approved generic Eliquis, but Pfizer is fighting it in court (of course). So the problem isn't the government -- it's the manufacturer. According to this:

When will generic Eliquis be available?

It’s not clear. The FDA has approved applications from drug makers Micro Labs Limited and Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc. to produce generic Eliquis. But the maker of brand-name Eliquis, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and its partner, Pfizer, are fighting to prevent generic versions from getting to market until 2026.

The ongoing lawsuits could prevent the generics from being available anytime soon.
February 12, 2020 04:46PM
Elizabeth,
You might want to ask your cardiologist's office for some samples to 'tide' you over. Maybe you could request some each time you visit through the year, so you'd have a stash at the end of the year....
February 12, 2020 07:41PM
I did get initially get 30 pills without any cost but then the following script I had to pay the 337.00, then pay 47.00 until the donut hole. Gee, I wish I would have read your message before I saw my EP today, I could have asked him about samples. I will keep that in mind.

Liz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login