Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

morning afib sad smiley

Posted by anneh 
morning afib sad smiley
September 16, 2019 08:45PM
well after no afib for over a year I had one this July and now 3 episodes in September. Each one in the mornings. I think the July one I woke up with it but these past 3 I have been wide awake laying in bed, getting up slowly and then BOOM. Usually episodes last anywhere from 3-12hrs (I take 25mg metoprolol tartrate as soon as I realize I am afib). I also take the usual supplements daily - magnesium glycinate/taurine/CoQ10/d-ribose/hawthorn tincture/fish oil I don't smoke/drink/etc, normal weight/walk daily/plant based diet. I was on ER metoprolol 25mgs at night until this past January when I weaned off due to weight gain/tiredness/depression etc but now I assume I must go back on it sad smiley Just wondering why they are coming in the mornings sad smiley I am on Eliquis. anne h
Re: morning afib sad smiley
September 17, 2019 01:49PM
Hello Anne... One of the things I learned fairly soon in my afib journey was that my early morning afib was the result of hypoglycemia or low blood glucose levels. (My doctor at the time also had that problem). The solution that worked for a number of years was to eat a protein snack about an hour or so prior to bedtime and to make sure that my evening meal was mostly high in protein, healthy fat and non-starchy veggies... no added sugars from deserts or beverages which tends to give a 'rebound' effect as the morning approaches in those prone to hypoglycemia. Limit healthy fruit to earlier in the day. That way glucose levels were less likely to drop. I didn't eat large evening meals so apparently that was not sustaining enough.

It worked very well for a long time but then something else was 'off' and I began to have more and more daytime events for me, it wasn't a total 'cure" unfortunately.

Worth a try.

Jackie
September 18, 2019 02:34AM
That sounds possibly Hormonal to me. Are you overly sluggish, and have low energy when you 1st awaken?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2019 02:35AM by The Anti-Fib.
September 18, 2019 11:18AM
Hi, Anne.
The very early years (say, 2 to 5 AM) are those bringing that kind of troubles for me. I usually wake up while I'm dreaming, everything is fine, but if I can't go back to sleep within some minutes, I may have ectopics, then sometimes afib. Standing up may have good effect, but as soon as I lay down again, ectopics are back.

Jackie may be right, despite I've not yet noticed the glycemia thing for me. As you know, we're all so different even when dealing with the same troubles...
September 18, 2019 12:37PM
thnx Jackie will make sure to do that, could help smiling smiley
September 18, 2019 12:39PM
well I guess I could have a hormonal problem, I am abit sluggish etc when I wake up, not sure about my hormones as I am post menopausal, may not have any left lol. I do appreciate everyone's replies and input smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2019 12:42PM by anneh.
September 18, 2019 07:12PM
anneh
well I guess I could have a hormonal problem, I am abit sluggish etc when I wake up, not sure about my hormones as I am post menopausal, may not have any left lol. I do appreciate everyone's replies and input smiling smiley

I was thinking about low Cortisol levels. If they are too low, people have trouble getting out of bed, and the body responds
by sending out a surge of Adrenalin which can cause Ectopics or trigger the AFIB. Also Blood Pressure changes rapidly when you 1st get out of bed.
September 19, 2019 02:30PM
Anti-Fib.... good point. I also had adrenal fatigue (aka burnout) that was found to promote afib. That effect often kicked in mid-morning if my day was hectic or overly stressful. I began treating for that and it made a big difference in the day-time stimulation of Afib. I continue to use adrenal support nutrients to ensure that I avoid adrenal issues. I sleep very well and rarely feel stress symptoms that cause me to have concern over promoting other problems.

Jackie
September 19, 2019 05:44PM
Jackie what supplements do you find help adrenal fatigue. I really don't think I have a big problem with it, however I am easily stressed right now as my beloved dog has cancer and at same time I need to move from my home of almost 50yrs and downsize sad smiley
September 19, 2019 10:27PM
Holy basil and ashwaghanda. Both Ayurvedic herbs from Indian medicine. Indian, in this case, meaning the actual subcontinent of India.
September 20, 2019 10:40AM
Anne - ... I'm so very sorry about your beloved dog. Overall, you have a significant stress burden...for sure.
Downsizing is certainly stressful but everyone I know who's gone through it says when it's over, it's very 'uplifting' and they wish they had done it sooner... so just take one day at a time and you'll get there.

When I had my initial diagnoses of adrenal fatigue (based on testing), I was given a regimen to follow... and instructed to use the book * by Diana Schwarzbein, MD, as a guide. After a period of time using adrenal support nutrients and noting improved test results, I settled into continual use of a product by Designs for Health... ie, Adrenotone (still use it for stability) and also used emphasis on specific B vitamins including the P-5-P form of Vitamin B6.

But, as you know from reading here, we are all individually unique in requirements and also the depletion factor influence so without targeted testing, so often, it's not as easy as just recommending a supplement... although I agree with Wolfpack about Ashwaganda. I take extra in addition to what's in Adrenotone because it's really helpful.

Kind thoughts coming your way. Best to you.
Jackie

* The Schwarzbein Principle II - The Transition
Diana Schwarzbein, MD
September 22, 2019 12:03AM
I'm really sorry about your dog, Anneh. I've been there and know how painful it can be. My best wishes for him or her, and you.
September 22, 2019 09:53AM
I assume that the adrenotone and ashwaganda are both ok with Eliquis?
September 22, 2019 10:02AM
thnx Carey, he is everything to me esp since my husband died 2017. He is a registered therapy dog and brought joy to many people but have retired him now he has the cancer. He is currently doing quite well but prognosis is not good. We also see a holistic vet so he benefits from that too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login