Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wenxin keli and Astragalus

Posted by chrrev 
Wenxin keli and Astragalus
August 17, 2019 09:10AM
Hello to all my fellow sufferers, I would like to share this TCM mixture of 5 main ingredients that has been around for hundreds if not thousands of years, wenxin keli.
For some detailed background, see this very interesting article:
[www.frontiersin.org]
There is a detailed description of the wenxin keli recipe towards the end.
I’ve been using these granules for the past year and a half and so far so good. I also have changed my lifestyle radically so it could be there are more than one reasons why so far so good.
Anyway, today I went to my local chemist to buy a couple of boxes of wenxin keli, and luckily I got chatting to the pharmacist. When I explained my problem, she immediately recommended to take Astragalus together with wenxin keli. This Astragalus (huangqi keli or Astragalus granules) also comes into granules form and you take 1 pack of each twice a day dissolved in hot water... A month supply of both these granules cost me around 470RMB which is roughly $US67... Most of the cost actually comes from the Astragalus granules at 298RMB or around $US42 so I guess there may be a cheaper option to just buy the Astragalus root which is very cheap here and make some tea with that although obviously you’d have less control on the exact dose you’re taking.
Let’s see if there are any additional noticeable benefits or side effects as the case may be...tbc

Chris

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2019 09:30AM by chrrev.
Re: Wenxin keli and Astragalus
August 17, 2019 08:23PM
Chris, I have been trying Astragalus (Huang Qi) for the last few months. I use a standardized extract from a reputable company that tests all their products for contaminants. I decided to try Astragalus because I noticed that a Qi deficiency was very similar to mitochondrial dysfunction and Astragalus is well known for raising Qi. Mitochondrial dysfunction has been linked to atrial fibrillation. The first time I tried Astragalus, I was slightly out of NSR and had a blood-oxygen level of 93. A half-hour later, I had NSR, a stronger heartbeat and my blood-oxygen level was 98.
The Wenxin Keli formula contains Condonopsis (Dang Shen), which is also known for raising Qi. There are other herbs in the Wenxin Keli formula which appear to support Codonopsis. A standardized extract of Condonopsis appears to be difficult (impossible?) to obtain in the USA.
I have been reluctant to post this information here because it remained largely theoretical and warrants further testing. I have another person using Astragalus at this time with good results.
Astragalus may raise blood pressure, which may make it unsuitable for you. Many times I will take scissors and cut a capsule in half and use half capsules throughout the day as needed. BTW, Astragalus is much cheaper here.
I have found some supplements that are helpful in restoring the mitochondria. The are: Co Q10, Magnesium, Ribose, Aceyl L-Carnitine, PQQ, Shilajit, Niacinamide, taurine, potassium citrate and Hawthorn (Shan Zha).
You may want to give Hawthorn a try for lowering your blood pressure. I have seen reports that Hawthorn is beneficial for atrial fibrillation, but it can take up to three months to work. Hawthorn does seem to help me.
You may want to read Dr. Stephen Sinatra's book, The Sinatra Solution. It is available from Amazon in hardback and Kindle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2019 08:13PM by Jim Benton.
Re: Wenxin keli
April 03, 2023 08:22AM
I have been preparing my own wenxin keli . I researched it heavily starting 5 years ago and after 2 bouts of flu in one season threw me into continuous afib. I have had complete success so far. I take the mixture in a powder that i prepare from the roots, add .5 tsp per each cup of hot, not boiling, water and drink it throughout the day.I total 3 cups. Polyganatum root, codonopsis root, spikenard root, Panax Notoginseng root, Amber. It’s been a long journey. 7 years of afib and not able to do the drugs that were offered at the beginning, as I apparently get to have the side effects listed. All the ingredients are purchased online. I take a break after 2 weeks until I feel my heart require it again. My diet is very good, nothing processed, I water fast 3 days a month, get out doors a lot, I’m 68 years old and living well in my humble opinion.
Re: Wenxin keli
June 26, 2023 01:14PM
Good Day,
Thank you very much for this thread and the tip regarding Astragalus. I am currently under the care of a TCM Practitioner and consuming Wenxin Granules along with Shengmai San (Classic Pearls Brand). It has only been a few weeks but the results are astounding. My weekly Paroxysmal AFIB Events are very suppressed, barely noticeable, and last only a few hours as opposed to days. My western medicine regiment which I haven't discontinued is Metoprolol Tartrate & Apixaban (Eliquis). The beta blocker provides negligible relief from episodes and just makes me lethargic so the Traditional Chines Medicine approach with acupuncture is definitely a welcome treatment.

I am a 59yo male, 5' 10", 160 lbs, that was in perfect health before the AFIB diagnosis in January of 2023. No risk factors, don't smoke or drink and very active, probably genetics as my mom had AFIB. Purchased some Astragalus (Dragon Herbs Brand: Astragalus Advanced) and just started adding it in to my regiment this past week! Fingers crossed for more energy!

Kudos to everyone in the group and thank you for sharing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login