Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

14 months Post Natale Ablation - now throwing many PVCs

Posted by Teddy 
14 months Post Natale Ablation - now throwing many PVCs
June 30, 2019 01:17PM
Greetings members. I report out here from time to time and I have had a very successful PVI Ablation at Thousand Oaks with Natale in April, 2018. No issues and no aFib. It took close to 1 year but my bpm has gradually returned to my normal rate at about 85 bpm.

Then suddenly last week, my bpm rate returned to the higher rate of 95-98 which I saw right after surgery and the old feeling of jumping in my chest, my Kardia confirmed that I was throwing PVCs at about one every 10 beats. As my heart had slowly healed, I noted that I never saw a PVC on my Kardia which I was extremely pleased with, not to mention that I was in NSR. But since last week, my PVCs were so uncomfortable that I went back on Rythmol and Lopressor. On these meds, my bpm has returned to 70-80 and now rarely a PVC.

I should mention that after about 8 months post Abaltion, I was feeling so good and solid, that I returned to having two alcohoic drinks each night after work and my passion of drinking about 6-8 cups of caffeinated coffee each morning. Four to 5 months of this saw no change and my rhythm or PVCs but now I am wondering if that is what caused current situation? I have quit both now that I returned to the meds.

However, rather than the alcohol and caffeine being the culprit, I am also wondering if the change in bpm and PVC’s is just part of the normal healing process. I’ve read Shannon and others states that the PVI healing can take as much as two years. Any comments and insight would be greatly appreciated.
Re: 14 months Post Natale Ablation - now throwing many PVCs
June 30, 2019 02:57PM
I am coming up 2 years post my Natale abaltion. I never really lost the PVC's though they slowed to infrequent or at least to the point I don't feel most of them, heavy ones still feel like a small electric shock so I am keenly aware. Just yesterday I threw 10 to 15 second of chaotic beats but don't know what it was, could have been PVC's, PAC's flutter or brief fib but gone before I could catch it on my kardia.

Sometimes I have more PVC's than other times and don't have any particular trigger, it got exhausting looking for them and not worth it to me. At your rate I would stop the alcohol and caffeine a bit. I have 1 to 2 drinks a month and a cup of coffee does not due me any harm for comparison but you are drinking quite a bit.

I also have a unique persistent left super vena cava so my flutter was being triggered in the coronoary sinus, I beleive Natale isolated my CS totally. I only say that to say my heart structure and case is somewhat unique so I pretty much figure I will never be PVC free.

I totally understand the stress they can cause and bad thoughts, it is a healthy fear given what many of us went through to get here. I wish I could say they gave me no worry to this day but I'd be lying. I tell myself your heart is normal as it can be, your in rhythm now, get on with it. All we can do.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2019 03:00PM by Fibrillator.
June 30, 2019 11:06PM
Afib is evolutive. Some afibbers are easier to treat than others, and may be peaceful for years after ablation.
Here, you'll find mostly very symptomatic people. They often have to deal with ectopics after ablation. I guess it's the way it works in our body. Afib may not appear for months or years, but the vagal issue is still present and disturbs out HR from time to time.
I'd say it loud : AVOID ALCOHOL! It's the worst stuff to swallow when you've to deal with ectopics or afib.
July 02, 2019 10:48AM
I can't tell you how many people on another a-fib forum get a-fib after alcohol. Strongly related. Coffee was not a trigger with me at all, but sugar and alcohol were. Anyway, the magnesium water helped with PVC's and weird strings of beats remarkedly. It was actually quite incredible. Here is a link. [www.afibbers.org]
July 02, 2019 05:20PM
Alcohol and I use it rarely causes my heart rate to increase significantly, though no afib. Sugar and coffee have no affect at all other than enjoyment. But I mostly drink decaf but not always.
July 02, 2019 06:30PM
Bourbon on the Rocks does not induce AFIB in me. I have had 2 Ablations with last in summer 2016. Now I drink in moderation (2 fingers American style). Love my Maker Mark or Woodford Reserve in moderation.
July 09, 2019 09:52AM
smackman
Bourbon on the Rocks does not induce AFIB in me. I have had 2 Ablations with last in summer 2016. Now I drink in moderation (2 fingers American style). Love my Maker Mark or Woodford Reserve in moderation.[/quot[/color]e]

Alcohol has nothing intrinsically nutritional about it and for some it can be a serious health detriment. I stopped it a few years ago for many reasons, mostly, though not a big drinker, a steady drinker and moderate was never something I could accomplish 100%.
With that said, I ve gone out of NSR as much sober as drinking. I dont believe it to be a trigger if you can drink moderately or at least supplement/replenish water/Magnesium levels.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login