Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sotolol with Flecainide

Posted by John S 
Sotolol with Flecainide
March 17, 2019 06:13PM
At a recent cardio appointment, my consultant has suggested swapping my Bisoprolol with Sotolol with 2 x 50mg Flecainide.
Just wondering if anyone else has used this medication combination.
Re: Sotolol with Flecainide
March 17, 2019 08:32PM
Sotalol plus flecainide is definitely a new one for me when it comes to afib. Searching the literature I find some some instances of it being used for ventricular arrhythmias, but those are a whole different story. Do you have complications beyond afib?
March 17, 2019 11:49PM
Oh be careful with that one. I would ask a lot more questions. When I was on Sotalol, I used an additional 1/2 dosage as the PIP. I used flecainide as PIP 3 months after my second ablation but was off Sotalol for months. I was told NOT to use flecainide when I went back on Sotalol after that episode. My EP nurse told me to wait a week before starting a low dose of Sotalol after I used flecainide as a PIP for that 20 minute episode. She wanted to make sure it was out of my system. I would definitely ask more questions before doing that combo,
March 18, 2019 03:28AM
I have done a little research with Mr Google and it does appear to be a valid combination, however I shall stay as I am for the time being.
Looking at the posts on this forum does anyone else feel that some of theses EPs and cardio consultants use us as their guinea pigs for trying something different. I had this in my local hospital with three cardio doctors and a registrar all having different protocols trying to get me back in NSR.
Joe
March 18, 2019 04:26AM
When i began Flec the EP put me on Atenolol. Before that i was just on Sotalol but i only took 25mg 2x/day - my chosen dosage.
March 18, 2019 05:33AM
No I would not. Ask the EP Dr.

I had a adverse reaction to 250mg Flecainide, stopped the Flecainide, and then later had another life theatening reaction to only 3 little 20mg doses of Sotalol every 8 hours. If I was suicidal, that Drug Combo for me would make perfect sense.

Wow, I do see they are giving it to Babies in test studies for Supraventricular Tachycardias. Also Amioderone/Flecainide combo is being studied, although in the 1st test subject it stopped the Man's testicular function, and the poor Guy had to go on Testosterone replacement therapy.

Do you want to be a Ginie Pig? Are you desperate?
March 25, 2019 04:50PM
Interesting response and as I said I am not going to change just yet. Just one 115minute episode since my cardioversion on the 11th Feb I suppose could be regarded as some kind of decent result.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login