Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is Anyone Familiar With Ablationist Dr Gabor Szeplaki?

Posted by Sam 
Sam
Is Anyone Familiar With Ablationist Dr Gabor Szeplaki?
March 23, 2018 01:08PM
After 17 years I think it may be time to have an ablation. I did come close 3 years ago when, after 14 years of around 3 episodes a year, I had a run of Afib and Bigeminy happening every other night. However I returned to 2 or 3 a year until now. Over the last 6 weeks or so I've had 14 episodes & this time there's no sign of it stopping.

I live in N Ireland and my first choice would be Dr Sabine Ernst in London. I believe she's not far behind Bordeaux and I like the idea of magnetic guidance of the catheters. However, it would mean flying and making arrangements to stay in London for however long the full procedure takes and I have aerophobia! I've actually flown about 40 times in my life but the dread of it gradually increased and I promised myself in 2000 I wouldn't fly again.

Which brings me (finally) to Dr Szeplaki. He practices at the Mater Hospital in Dublin, a 2 hour journey by car away. His CV is impressive. It says "His special interest focuses on the invasive treatment of cardiac arrhythmias, including complex ablations for atrial fibrillation .... he does a high number of procedures and teaches techniques as a proctor internationally".

Has anyone on the forum been treated by him or have any knowledge of him?

Thanks for any help you can give. Going to him (if he's as good as his CV indicates) would save me a lot of stress, time and money.

Sam
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login