Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

new procedure to treat atrial fibrillation : pv-isolation+ablation of sympathetic nerve ending

Posted by ben saif 
I thought it is worth discussion and comment :-
[www.rbht.nhs.uk]
Another publication
[www.cardiomyopathy.org] :-
I think somebody who posted here and was ablated by Dr Ernst was offered a spot in the trail. Don't recall if they participated. Maybe it was a year ago?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2017 10:37AM by GeorgeN.
I believe it was Les, "Don Quixote," who was in the trial as of June 2015 <[www.afibbers.org] His last report was a successful ablation.
Very interesting. This article was 2015 I wonder if there is any follow up yet
Sounds like they are on the right track.

I have gone into AF many times when in the evening I am sitting on my couch and happen to press my back against the pillow, this only happens however in the evening at rest I have wondered why just doing that would throw me into AF, I probably push on that nerve.

The vagus nerve, historically cited as the pneumogastric nerve, is the tenth cranial nerve or CN X, and interfaces with parasympathetic control of the heart, lungs, and digestive tract. The vagus nerves are paired; however, they are normally referred to in the singular. It is the longest nerve of the autonomic nervous system in the human body. The vagus nerve also has a sympathetic function via the peripheral chemoreceptors------

Liz
What is the purpose of those nerves? What changes or risks would one notice from destroying them? Would it change getting your heart rate up when needed?

Per Elizabeth's discussion above, I am more apt to go into a-fib when brushing my teeth. I feel I tighten my neck muscles when I do that. I wondered about vagus mediation.
I have found this interesting discussion
[www.afibbers.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login