Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Daily Afib but manageable

Posted by Jeff Thomlinson 
Daily Afib but manageable
March 29, 2017 08:18PM
Hello all-

I want to start by thanking Jackie and Shannon, as well as many of you key contributors for your insight and information. At times, I simply read the posts as a soothing balm for my upset and discomfort.

I am 4 months in to a daily rhythm problem, sometimes PAC, some PVC, and sometimes in to Afib for up to 2-3 hours total. No cardioversion required at this point, and on 5mg Bisopropol. I resisted the beta blocker for a few months, but notice it takes a bit of the edge off.
I did the EXA and found low magnesium, and am ramping that up slowly. Following the Strategy. My kidneys show a slight creatinine elevation, so being careful and as per my doctor. I will check my kidneys again at some point.

I am wondering if there are many folks like me out there. With moderate symptoms, and able to deal with the issues of PAC's and ectopic beats without needing to medicate further. Will I possibly move through this, and settle back down in to NSR. I can hope so.

Worse case senario, is to possibly need an ablation. If so, due to multiple reasons, I may choose India to have the procedure. I wonder if there have been improvements there to the degree that the EP's I might choose have a wealth of experience. I value Shannon's comments to try and get the best folks doing the work, and do it right the first time.

As well, Jackie's comments on Strategy have helped build a process for me to gauge how to progress. I can see this is a longer process. Even to bring up the magnesium is tedious. But perhaps buying some time, but not compromising lifestyle. I am 55, with an 8 and 12 year old. Pretty active.

I think I just needed to write that out. That said, are there others who are dealing with afib, but managing, or it even reversed or lessened. Although I imagine anyone feeling better is off this site!

Thanks, Jeff
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login