Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can I Get Life Insurance with Atrial Fibrillation?

Posted by tvanslooten 
Can I Get Life Insurance with Atrial Fibrillation?
January 19, 2017 02:51PM
Hey gang. I hope all is well. I just published an interview I did with JRC Insurance Group of San Diego, CA. We discussed the topic of life insurance and how it impacts afibbers. There's some great info in this interview if you've ever thought about getting life insurance.

Here is a link to the interview (a transcript is provided as well):

[www.livingwithatrialfibrillation.com]

Travis
Re: Can I Get Life Insurance with Atrial Fibrillation?
January 19, 2017 06:03PM
I know I cannot get life insurance with one stent; They call it Coronary artery disease (CAD). IF I could get it, the price would be astronomical.
January 20, 2017 10:52AM
Thanks, Travis. This is useful information.
I also visited your website and found the report on AliveCor very well done.
I appreciate the the time you are dedicating to updating and improving our forum.

Best to you,
Jackie
January 20, 2017 01:33PM
Smackman,

Have you actually confirmed if you can get, and for how much, life insurance you can and cannot qualify for now? Keep in mind that as of last summer you no longer have active AFIB and perhaps with a years track record with no detected arrhythmia of any kind the AFIB issue will not be an issue at all in getting reasonably affordable insurance.

Did you not also lose a lot to weight from the time that you got the stent for the CAD plaque build up in at least one of your coronary arteries? And as I recall your BP is well controlled now as well, as are several other of your current labs and overall health status.

I know the chronic pain issue and IC issue are still problems, but they may not have as much impact on your life insurance rates. In any event, if you are interested in getting a longer duration term life policy you might find it's not as prohibitive as you imagine now that you have taken the steps that you have to quell some of the main issues that insurance adjustors would likely be most concerned about if they were still active problems noted in your current health records.

Shannon
January 20, 2017 01:43PM
Good morning,

I was able to get a 10 year term life policy 3 months after I was diagnosed with my third episode of afib...
January 20, 2017 05:05PM
I tried in Jan. 2016 to get life insurance thru my wives employer. I actually had life insurance with this company aan then I get a questioner about health before I could renew it. When they found out I had CAD, they denied me. No AFIB at this time, no blood pressure issues etc. I list my weight in 2010; 95 lbs and I have kept it off but that one stent bites me in the tail. I called some other companies and some would insure me at a very steep price.

I told the wife just to cremate me........,
January 24, 2017 09:11AM
I had my ablation in January 2015. I applied for 250k insurance (10 year term) through Prudential around December of 2015. They had lots of questions about the ablation and heart care. Shirley facilitated a letter from Dr. Natale for me. Policy subsequently issued around February or March of 2016. Other than one year of afib before the ablation, all of my other bodily functions are fine. I don't have any stents so I can't comment on whether or not that would prevent you from getting a policy through Prudential or any other provider.
Best wishes for continued NSR!
Ken
March 22, 2017 12:47PM
Some more useful info on AFib is found here Atrial Fib They have articles that you can read about Life Insurance along with Medicare Supplements about how to get insurance with AFib. Hope this helps.
Be Blessed and Stay Strong

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2017 10:41AM by damonhenry.
March 24, 2017 03:00PM
What company was you able to obtain your life insurance through?
May 21, 2017 03:19AM
unblocked game Your link is very useful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2017 09:09PM by ZSchriefer1.
July 13, 2017 06:45AM
Good to know!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login