Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1 month report

Posted by smackman 
1 month report
July 19, 2016 12:26PM
It has been a little over a month since my 2nd Ablation with Dr. Natale. Everything has been going pretty good, My biggest issue is sometimes I get PVC'S or PACS especially if my anxiety kicks in or I get tired. It is hard for me to not "dwell" on my Heart issue at times along with my other illnesses. I have to overcome this in my life.

Overall, It has been a success. Thanks to ALL on this forum and a special thank you to Shannon for all his help/assistance. Also, Jackie is so good to me in so many ways. She is a Gem.

Yhanks to ALL once again. It is 100 degrees in North Louisiana right now in the afternoon with Heat index of approx. 110. To hot to do much. I walked a 1 1/2 this morning and it was so humid and stuffy,

5 mg Valium a day as needed.
20 mg Prozac daily
15 mg Prevacid a day
60 cc shot of Testosterone Cypionate every 10 days. Testosterone is low due to schedule two narcotics.
.5 mg Arimidex 2x a week to keep Estrogen levels in check. T shots can cause rise in Estrogen.

100 mg Metoprolol ER 1x a day
25 mg HydroDiuril fluid pill 1x a day every 2 days.
Neurontin 900mg a day (for Neuropathic pain IC/CPPS)
800 mg of Magnesium daily . Different types
81 mg aspirin 1X a day. Heart Doctor order due to stent installed in Jan. 2012.
2.5 mg Eliquis 2X a day

Miralax 1x a day for constipation issues. I have tried so many different methods for Constipation since 2008. Fiber is in my diet but to much Fiber really Constipates me.

25 mg/hcr Fentanyl.patch changed every 2 days

1st ablation done Feb. 27, 2014 for Long term persistent AFIB Dr. Natale
2nd Ablation done June 16,2016 Dr. Natale LAA isolated
Re: 1 month report
July 19, 2016 05:30PM
Hello Smackman.... I'm so pleased to see your report and know you are progressing. Just keep in mind that with some, ablations can take some time. Considering all you've been through, it's totally normal for you to be still having some up and down days. Often, it takes the full three months of recovery time to start regain energy and stamina. Don't be discouraged or in a hurry to push, but definitely try to do a bit more each day when possible.

Be cautious not to over-do in those high temperatures... and remember to hydrate well and frequently when you are out walking. Take a bit of supplemental potassium and a bit of salt, too, because that's important when you perspire. Or eat potassium-containing foods, too.

Thanks for your kind words. I am always glad to listen and lend support. You've done a remarkable job of coping.
Happy Oiling! winking smiley

Kind regards,
Jackie
Re: 1 month report
July 20, 2016 01:43AM
Good to hear Smackman,

And some runs of ectopy is par for the course to some degree, as you know, especially during the three months blanking period. Also, some degree of ectopy is not uncommon even over the first 6 months to a year or more in some cases, though it tends to settle down in the big majority of cases by 6 months ... the main thing in no actual arrhythmia from the past the first 8 weeks onward after the ablation.

You are doing fined. Remember, worry is optional. It (anxiety) often becomes an easy habit when any of us have had years of challenging health history. Learning to defuse that anxiety impulse that can really take over at times, is an acquired habit and skill as well ... step by step .. but you can learn to decondition that reaction over time and sending best wishes for you to gain gradual mastery over the fear and worry.

Jackie, as usual, has some great tips too. You will do fine in the long run. So glad this part is done for you too.

Be well,
Shannon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login