Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Microwave radiation exposure, irregular heart beat and more

Posted by Jackie 
July 18, 2016 09:40AM

In a response to a post in the General Health forum, I offered excerpts from a summary report published by Dr. Mercola that indicated microwave radiation exposure from numerous sources including the microwave oven in our kitchens, cell phones, GPS, WiFi and cordless phones….are known to cause variations in heart rate variability, irregular heart rhythms and more. My response was deleted which was actually good because I should have elaborated more at the same time in a post here as well about the important facts from studies linking heart symptoms and microwave exposure. Therefore, I’m elaborating more now on this very important connection that is not new and has been published and known but oddly has not been emphasized here as a significant factor or an alert for afibbers.

There are studies showing the detrimental effects of microwave radiation on heart function…obviously highly relevant since we all should be concerned about connecting the dots to the increasing incidence of arrhythmia cases in general; increasing incidence in younger populations and the prevalence in so many of all ages who have virtually non-stop exposure to all types of Electropollution. Certainly something worth consideration; but, for this post, specifically, microwave radiation.

We all should be more acutely aware of just how much 24/7 exposure we receive and if cooking in the microwave is a regular habit, then that’s a very important health awareness tip in addition to the other devices emitting microwaves as well, since effects are cumulative. We often don’t think about the fact that microwave radiation from microwave ovens (and cell phones) can cause heart palpitations, irregular heart rates and cause chest pressure and pain and can cause low or high blood pressure. The studies show that does happen.

Be aware there is a significant trend to ‘downplay’ or obfuscate news about the relative ‘harmful’ effects of all such exposure because of the obvious implications and economics. In the age of electronics, exposure is a given. To come out and acknowledge there are actually health risks involved would be economic suicide. Heaven forbid there be a public health warning! Think about the businesses, stores, offices, cars, phones etc that use to some degree… from minimal to max… where humans are exposed to microwaves and other types of wireless and electromagnetic radiation emissions (EMRs). The scientists who have warned for many years about cumulative effects continue to do so and caution that if you or your children begin to suffer from odd symptoms not caused by something obvious, then suspect and rule out Electromagnetic Hyper-Sensitivity; take steps to eliminate the sources; do remedial therapy and be aware of the benefits of “Earthing or Grounding.”

Readers may recall the posts from some time ago on Electropollution and EMFs and the contribution by cardiologist, Stephen Sinatra, telling about his son’s near-death experience when he suffered from electromagnetic hyper-sensitivity (EMS). Dr. Sinatra related his research and collaboration experiences with well-known Canadian researcher, Magda Havas, PhD who is Associate Professor of Environmental & Resource Studies at Trent University where she teaches and does research on the biological effects of environmental contaminants. Her website contains a wealth of information and her research associates are global. [www.magdahavas.com]

Dr. Mercola has reported on this topic numerous times over the years and references Dr. Havas’ research study links in one of his reports on the risks of microwave ovens. Following are a several clips from research that should be considered highly relevant to anyone with an abundance of microwave radiation accumulation and also a history of heart rhythm irregularities. It’s noted that some individuals are more susceptible or vulnerable than others. You’ll read that microwaves are not harmful in lower frequencies but again, just like X-ray radiation exposure… dosages are cumulative and it makes sense to be aware and limit exposure whenever possible. Long term consequences are starting to show up now that we’ve had this exposure for so many years.

1. In 2012, a Toronto hospital released a statement: CNW - Women's College Hospital says family doctors must learn to detect the symptoms of exposure to wireless radiation… saying the symptoms include disrupted sleep, headaches, nausea, dizziness, heart palpitations, memory problems and skin rashes. These symptoms are now labeled Electro-magnetic Hyper-sensitivity or "EMS". [www.newswire.ca]

3. Pick of the Week 24: Microwave Radiation Affects the Heart - Dr. Mercola directs readers to this webarticle by Dr. Havas: [www.magdahavas.com]

4. Exposure from cordless, digital phones… and heart irregularities - Uploaded on Mar 23, 2010
The video clip lists symptoms of palpitations, arrhythmia, pain or pressure in chest and low or high blood pressure.
Study shows, unequivocally, that microwave radiation from a cordless digital phone base station operating at 2.4 gigahertz immediately affects the heart causing arrhythmia and tachycardia (irregular and rapid heart rate) at non-thermal levels well below federal guidelines

From EMFacts Consultancy, posted on March 24, 2010
From Magda Havas: "Please watch this 7-minute video

"It provides unequivocal evidence that the radiation from a cordless (DECT) phone interferes with the heart. This video provides evidence that electrohypersensitivity is real, is physical, and may be life threatening. "It also shows that non-thermal exposure, at levels well below federal guidelines in most countries (0.3% of the 1000 microW/cm2), has biological and health effects." [www.emfacts.com]

5. Dr. Mercola wrote about the Havas research in his newsletter and said this:
…..But even if there's nothing wrong with your microwave, keep in mind that standing a foot away from it while it's running can expose you to upwards of 400 milliGauss, and a mere 4 milliGauss has been firmly linked to leukemia. It would certainly be wise to avoid letting your children stand near the microwave when it's running, and avoid it yourself as much as possible—especially if you're pregnant. Also, since your eyes are known to be particularly susceptible to microwave radiation (high microwave exposures are known to cause cataracts), I recommend stepping away from your microwave while it's in use.

New Study Confirms Microwaves Affect Your Heart
A recent study examining the effects 2.4 GHz radiation (which is the frequency of radiation emitted by Wi-Fi routers and microwave ovens) on the heart was just completed. The study found "unequivocal evidence" that microwave frequency radiation affects the heart at non-thermal levels that are well below federal safety guidelines, according to Dr. Magda Havas of Trent University. Dr. Havas says:

"This is the first study that documents immediate and dramatic changes in both heart rate and heart rate variability caused by an approved device that generates microwaves at levels well below (0.3 percent) federal guidelines in both Canada and the United States."

No longer can skeptics claim that microwaves produce no immediate biological effects at ordinary household levels! The study will be appearing in a peer-reviewed journal sometime during the summer of 2010.
If you are experiencing rapid or irregular heartbeat, pain or pressure in your chest, you will want to visit your physician and share this video with him or her (second video on this page). There is also evidence that this same frequency of radiation causes blood sugar to spike in susceptible individuals and may actually be the cause of one type of diabetes.
Continue: Microwaving also Zaps the Nutrients Right Out of Your Food… [articles.mercola.com]

6. New Study: Radiation from Cordless Phone Base Station Affects the Heart
October 22, 2010. New study by Dr. Magda Havas and colleagues in the peer-reviewed European Journal of Oncology Library Vol. 5, 2010 shows that radiation from a digital cordless phone base station affects the heart in a double-blind provocation study.

Symptoms range from headaches, memory loss, cardiovascular symptoms, digestive problems, pain/heating sensations in various parts of the body to skin related symptoms, such as skin rash and burning or tingling sensations. These symptoms may be associated with a single object or a combination of two or more objects such as computers, mobile phones, electrical appliances, electrical wiring in the home, fluorescent lighting, microwave ovens, power lines, telecommunication masts, televisions, and so on.

According to this research, some individuals are hypersensitive to microwave radiation and respond when they are exposed to levels well below federal guidelines (5 microW/cm2 or 0.5% of guidelines in Canada & U.S.). During real time monitoring of the heart some individuals experienced an irregular heart rate or a rapid heart rate that occurred only during provocation and not during sham exposure (when the radiation was off). This is the first study showing such dramatic and repeatable results. [www.magdahavas.com] Study: [www.magdahavas.com]

7. Development and Evaluation of the Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity
Bioelectromagnetics 28:137^151 (2007)

Source: Study [www.magdahavas.com]

Aim:
The effect of pulsed (100Hz)microwave(MW) radiation on heart rate variability(HRV) was tested in a double blind study.

Materials and Methods:
Twenty-five subjects in Colorado between the ages of 37 to 79 completed an electro-hypersensitivity (EHS)questionnaire. After recording their orthostatic HRV, we did continuous real-time monitoring of HRV in a provocation study where supine subjects were exposed for 3-minute intervals to radiation generated by a cordless phone at 2.4GHz or to sham exposure.

Results:
Questionnaire: Based on self-assessments, participants classified themselves as Extremely electrically sensitive (24%), moderately (16%), slightly(16%), not sensitive(8%) or with no opinion(36%) about their sensitivity.

The top 10 symptoms experienced by those claiming to be sensitive include memory problems, difficulty concentrating, eye problems, sleep disorder, feeling unwell, headache, dizziness, tinnitus, chronic fatigue, and heart palpitations. The five most common objects allegedly causing sensitivity were fluorescent lights, antennas, cell phones, Wi-Fi, and cordless phones.

Provocation Experiment:
Forty percent of the subjects experienced some changes in their HRV attributable to digitally pulsed(100Hz)MW radiation. For some, the response was extreme(tachycardia), for others moderate-to-mild (changes in sympathetic
nervous system and/or parasympathetic nervous system); and for some, there was no observable reaction either because of high adaptive capacity or because of systemic neuro-vegetative exhaustion.

Conclusions:
Orthostatic HRV combined with provocation testing may provide a diagnostic test for some EHS sufferers when they are exposed to electro- magnetic emitting devices. This is the first study that documents immediate and dramatic changes in both Heart Rate(HR) and HR variability(HRV) associated with MW exposure at levels

Provocation study using heart rate variability shows microwaveradiationfrom2.4GHzcordlessphone
affects autonomic nervous system

Magda Havas, Jeffrey Marrongelle, Bernard Pollner, Elizabeth Kelley,Camilla R.G.Rees, LisaTully
[avaate.org]
[www.emf-portal.org]

8. Heart Rate Variability report at Heart MD by Stephen T. Sinatra, M.D., F.A.C.C., F.A.C.N., C.N.S., C.B.T.
[heartmdinstitute.com]

9. Effect of low pulsed microwaves on heart rate variability signals in mammals
Neurosciences 2001; Vol. 6 (1): 26-29 [www.neurosciencesjournal.org]
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Also...

The previous series of posts on Electropollution can be viewed here:
Part 1 Electropollution – Cardiovascular Risk
[www.afibbers.org]

Part 2 Electropollution (Toxic Frequencies) - Health Risks Identified [www.afibbers.org]

Electropollution – Toxic Frequencies - continued
[www.afibbers.org]

Earthing or Grounding by Dr. Sinatra - [heartmdinstitute.com]

Jackie
Re: Microwave radiation exposure, irregular heart beat and more
July 19, 2016 09:56AM
This is worrying as apart from usual cordless and mobile phones I now have a 'lifeline' unit with alarm worn round my neck.

Got the alarm after hospital heart admission a month ago and because I now live on my own.

Seems we can't win!
July 19, 2016 01:35PM
In my former line of work. we went around with a Radiation device that could detect if a microwave was actually leaking. This device was extremely sensitive. We did find that older microwaves had leaks.

The only way Radiation can"get out" of a microwave is if the gasket around the door is leaking. Generally speaking from my experience, It was 95% of the time leaks were from old microwaves that had several years of use on them in a industrial plant setting such as a lunch break room.

Microwaves only leak radiation if the gasket on your door is leaking. Make sure you clean your gasket and the surface the gasket pushes against.

If your microwave is "old", replace it. Microwaves are fairly cheap but it is a well used item in most homes.
April 02, 2017 11:46PM
This is something that concerned me years before my heart problems became apparent, to the extent I disposed of my cordless phone and even bought a meter for detecting dirty electricity.
My job entails carrying around an "Airwaves" radio.
It seems to me that my heart rhythm started going wrong when our local council changed all the local street lights to WI-Fi operated.
I therefore find it ironic that I have been fitted with a "Reveal Linq" implantable loop device right next to my heart pumping out wi-fi signals every night!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login