Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

cocktail of meds

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
cocktail of meds
April 27, 2016 04:13PM
What is a good cocktail of meds to keep afib at bay. I have been using Propafanone 225/3times a day --plus verapamil ---worked well for years ---now I'm getting a breakthrough every few months. Needed to be converted last time.. What seem to work for you? Thanks.
Re: cocktail of meds
April 27, 2016 07:00PM
Nothing worked for me except that taking a low dose of Bystolic (Beta-Blocker) helps, and I increase the dose if under Stress.
I only tried Propafenone, Amio, and Flec.
Anonymous User
April 27, 2016 10:56PM
Thanks --will speak to EP about taking a low dose of a Beta Blocker along with the propafanone.
April 28, 2016 12:04AM
29 vincent:

Propafenone has beta blocker properties in it, you are taking quite a lot, i don't think your doctor would prescribe a beta blocker, too much would make you feel very tried and if you are vagal, it would be unwise.

Liz
April 28, 2016 05:52AM
All of the Anti-Arrythmic Drugs have Beta-Blocker properties except Flecainide.
April 28, 2016 09:54AM
Keep in mind too Vincent that after failing a couple drug cocktail regimes as the AFIB continues to progress, so are you more rapidly approaching the time where none of them will adequately keep at bay AFIB and the difficulty of any ablation process tends to increase the longer one progresses along that path alone.

Have you tried the Strategy protocol too along with the drugs?? I would certainly add that in for sure if you have not already and see if that helps buy you anything.. But again if you are still getting breakthroughs your best bet is hooking up with a top level EP who does challenging cases successfully every day in their practice.

Best wishes,
Shannon
April 28, 2016 10:52AM
Vincent - keep in mind that for many afibbers, drugs alone are not the answer. You must also address lifestyle, environmental influences and specific nutritional deficiencies that contribute to or allow for Afib to occur in the first place.

It's also very helpful to maintain an alkaline tissue pH so that your mineral reserves aren't depleted from working overtime to buffer an overly acidic environment. That's easily addressed using the magnesium bicarbonate water daily .... it's also called Waller Water. Economical and easy to make quickly at home. Whether or not you have Afib, an alkaline tissue pH is essential for health and to enable the body to make new cells which is essential for life.

Magnesium and potassium deficiency and optimal balance are discussed in The Strategy along with helpful aid to energy production (ATP) with supportive nutrients such as CoQ10, carnitine, D-ribose and more. Vitamin D deficiency is common and also an influence. Drugs or ablations don't correct those deficiencies... so other manifestations can occur as well.

Start here Alkalinity, Healing pH and Voltage - The Inside Story
[www.afibbers.org]

[www.senergy.us]

[drsircus.com]

You should also check out the various topics in the box at the top of the page titled Afib Resources... [www.afibbers.org]

Best to you,
Jackie
Anonymous User
April 30, 2016 03:21PM
Thank you all for all the great suggestions --will check them all out.
V
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login