Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Top Electrophysiologists

Posted by Josiah 
Top Electrophysiologists
April 09, 2016 01:37PM
Could someone please point me to a current list of the world's best ablation electrophysiologists.

Thanks
Re: Top Electrophysiologists
April 10, 2016 09:29AM
1 - Natale
April 10, 2016 12:30PM
Where are you?

Murray L

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tikosyn uptake Dec 2011 500ug b.i.d. NSR since!
Herein lies opinion, not professional advice, which all are well advised to seek.
April 10, 2016 06:11PM
In Europe the Bordeaux team.
April 12, 2016 05:36AM
The short list I got 3-4 years ago in the US was

Natale
James Reddy (Mayo)
Douglas Feld (UCSD)

And then Shannon was talking about this Packerd guy.
April 12, 2016 03:47PM
Here is a broader list with a process for selection: http://a-fib.com/finding-right-doctor-for-you-and-your-afib/
April 14, 2016 02:30AM
Be careful with too long such a list based primarily on a selection criteria that the EP has an EP or HRS fellowship after their name. Those kind of lists tend to include far too
many EPs that may fit that broad criteria, yet may not be deserving of such merit as a top ablationist without careful discrimination between highly experienced high volume operators and a lot of relative greenhorns as well that will all be intertwined within such a mostly catch-all type list.

As such, I find lists that are not reasonably discriminating not all that useful as the reader still must be very careful and perform their own due diligence before selecting an EP that they can really trust.

We will offer a very discriminating list starting with around 30 to 50 names among whom the reader can take high confidence that most all of those are very highly qualified.

The thing with large Laundry lists though is that they can be inadvertently misleading, as simply too many under-experienced operators get included in such lists and too often a reader will think that just being included in such a large equals an automatic vote of confidence , which is not at all implied in such large laundry type lists.

Sure sweeping broad lists can be useful just as a source of potential names in various areas, but please be alert that a large number of those listed members you wouldn't want to come within a country mile of your heart with a catheter and there is little to no guidance on separating the more elite level operators from those still climbing the learning curve who are filling out such lists.

As long as you are well aware that you still have to apply rigorous due diligence on any of those names on those type of lists, then they can still have some value for sure, but please do not take them as a list full of highly competent ablationists, as throwing a dart at such lists you will tend to be significantly more likely to get a dud than a maestro.

It's not easy at all to build a truly reliable and trustworthy list of best ablationists, but it's not impossible either and we hope to have a decent quality list of top flight names across the US and in parts of Europe after the new web redesign is finished.

Until then ... and even after then ... it's buyer beware! Nevertheless, I trust we can help narrow down the field for you with a high quality list of outstanding highly skilled ablationists.

Until then Josiah, if you are looking now then send me your cell number and time zone and I will try to call and discuss who some good options for your type of AFIB and region might be.

Welcome to the forum,
Shannon

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2016 09:35AM by Shannon.
April 16, 2016 09:27AM
Andrea

McHale
May 02, 2016 03:28PM
Thanks Shannon. That would be great
May 02, 2016 04:03PM
After fighting it for about 6 years (and an unsuccessful flutter ablation at Mayo, the thinking then being that the flutter was triggering the AF), Dr. Andrea Natale did a PVI ablation on me in November of 2003 and except for one episode I put down to dehydration, I have been AF free ever since and I do not, probably unwisely, follow all of the recommended protocols regarding supplements and diet. Based on my experience, Dr. Natale is (as I told him) a wizard. The only downside is that he is such a good-looking dude my wife wanted to take him home and leave me...

I agree we are all very different but I would not hesitate to go the ablation route. It truly gave me my life back.

Gary
May 03, 2016 10:16PM
The Maestro........The Wizard sounds good too!

McHale
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login