Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Back to my ole ways

Posted by tsco 
Back to my ole ways
April 11, 2016 08:57PM
Well here I sit...heart is booming, feel like my head may pop off, left shoulder kinda hurting. These are some of my typical symptoms when afib Kicks in. I remember them well! I've had a two year run not perfect, but fealt like my life was somewhat in order. And jan 1 this year I'm going back to my old ways. More and more episodes. It's like the floodgate has opened again! Just today I requested my follow up ablation in June with Natale. I admit I wondered if I was doing the right thing and asked God for an answer. I guess tonight is my answer. I'm in a weird fast mode, speeds, slows, speeds it is the odd beat I usually get before I covert to NSR but it's been a bit and not flopping over. I often wonder do other people feel the same type feelings?? I mean some peop don't know they have afib that's not possible with mine!!!
Re: Back to my ole ways
April 12, 2016 05:28AM
Do you take rate control drug(s) to help with the symptoms of AFIB?

Thinking that there is no complete cure for AFIB. Ablations or otherwise, you can just manage it.
Some guy says he's been NSR for 10 years after Ablation. No way of really knowing if that is 100% true.

The key is that you've been improved, and you reverted back to NSR on your own before, so likely will also this time.
April 12, 2016 03:39PM
Tim - have you kept up with your daily supplementing of magnesium, potassium, taurine, etc? If not, you should revive your protocols and try to regain electrical stability. My first ablation lasted 11 years and any time except for the last couple years when I treated for Lyme Disease, if I ever had a bit of heart irregularity, I would just add in those additional supplements.... I didn't need it often, but it worked well... until I stirred the hornet's nest with the Lyme treatment.

It's certainly worth a try for you while you're waiting for your June date with Dr. Natale.

Best to you,
Jackie
April 12, 2016 04:08PM
Thank You Jackie, I have slipped a bit
Anonymous User
April 12, 2016 07:32PM
Greetings tsco Tim !

Test, don't guess, is the motto. There is nothing like numbers and facts staring back at you to get you / keep you motivated. To that end the most essential test is EXAtest by Intracellular Diagnostics Inc. Developed by brilliant Prof emeritus Burton Silver PhD et al in conjunction w/ NASA for use on long-term stays in space, such as on the ISS, the test is non-invasive, painless, and covered by insurance incl. Medicare. [to be sure of that see [www.exatest.com]

While you're waiting please study the EXAtest Interpretation guide @ [www.afibbers.org] It begins:

MAGNESIUM -- DESIRABLE INTRACELLULAR REFERENCE RANGE: 33.9 - 42.0 mEq/l

Adequate intracellular magnesium is essential to normal tissue and organ function. Next to potassium it is the most abundant cation in cells and tissues. Measurement of intracellular levels with the EXA test is vital to maintain and treat many medical syndromes. Serum levels, RBCs and lymphocytes do not adequately reflect cell or tissue levels of magnesium.

Magnesium modulates tissue transport of calcium and potassium ions and participates in hundreds of enzyme systems including formation of high-energy compounds such as ATP. All physiological activity, secretion, bone formation, cardiac and neuromuscular activity is affected by magnesium in tissues.

Optimal tissue levels of magnesium prevent cardiac irregularities and tend to maintain lower blood pressure. Magnesium concentrations in optimal range indicate possible lowered risk factor for hypertension, angina, arrhythmias and vascular spasm.

. . . it ends:

POTASSIUM : SODIUM

Active transport of K and Na produces major energy processes, normal cell volume, and is vital to ion transport, as well as producing the membrane potentials (voltage) for all secretory functions, neurotransmission, and neuromuscular activity. Serum potassium levels are not good indicators of tissue levels. This ratio is vital to establishment of homeostasis for normal function of intracellular biochemical events.

[See also: Potassium/Sodium Ratio in Atrial Fibrillation [www.afibbers.org]

Mørk's dictum: Quality assurance begins in the mouth. Be sure to have the responsible person follow these 'cell specimen collection instructions': [www.exatest.com]

Be well !

Mørk (homage to great gran-family name)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2016 10:02PM by Moerk.
April 13, 2016 10:25AM
Moerk, thanks so much. So is this something I get my doctor to order?

tim
Anonymous User
April 13, 2016 03:46PM
Hi Tim,

You can order the kit yourself for your 'Health care provider'. Here's the long way to access the order form:
Open the EXAtest home page [www.exatest.com] On the left side click Order a specimen collection kit which takes you to [www.exatest.com] for Health Care Providers order form. There you can click on PATIENT order options which takes you to Patient [email protected]

Or go directly to [www.exatest.com] where you can also e-mail EXAtest: patientservices@exatest.com

"Patients, you will need a healthcare provider who has agreed to collect the specimen and provide you with follow up interpretation support.

If you do not have a healthcare provider, you may request physician information in the message box below.

All specimen collection kits are shipped to your healthcare provider. If you live at a great distance from your provider such as a rural area or are homebound, we can send you the specimen collection kit but only with a prescription.

All test results are sent to the healthcare provider within one to two days from receipt of specimen at our laboratory. Your provider will review results in view of your medical history and prescribe treatment protocol. IntraCellular Diagnostics cannot provide you any medical support. IntraCellular Diagnostics can discus your results only with your physician.

IntraCellular Diagnostics provides interpretation and treatment protocol support to healthcare providers only.

You may call or email us anytime if you have any other questions.

Enter your healthcare provider's contact information below, and we will ship a specimen collection kit to him/her on your behalf.
If your physician is not familiar with the EXA procedure, we include literature, collection information and instructions."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2016 05:35PM by Moerk.
April 14, 2016 10:23AM
Tim,

You know the drill as we discussed keep your eye on the ball and finish this out in Austin. Glad you set the date it will be hear before you know it. Consider these lousy episodes as reminders not to start mind flipping yourself and getting side tracked in the forest or procrastination and second guessing.

Your case has been a complicated one from the start and yet you have made steady progress but need know the skills of the best to address ethos areas not yet addressed.

By all means do an EXAtest too while waiting, but in the vast majority of cases the potential heart calming impact of good magnesium repletion will be very supportive rather than curative fir a person like you who is already most of the way through a complex arrhythmia ablation process and obviously has some defined open circuit that needs closing in a robust and durable manner. And it makes great good sense to combine that follow up ... This time with Dr Natale in Austin ... By insuring life long dedication to good electrolyte repletion even after a successful ablation process is complete.

I did many EXAtests in my days with lousy AFIB and Dr Silver kindly took all of my various results and studied them carefully over night and called to reaffirm Tgat I should go through with my follow up ablation with Dr Natale ( this was at a time wel hen I was still trying to fine tune my Mag, potassium (via Cardymeter testing) and taking at least one 3 to 4 gram IV Mag cocktail each week plus two grand of Inteamuscular magnesium sulfate injections a DAY and 800mg of Mag Glycinate orally at the time and still could not get a robust IC mag level to sustainable levels. My Potassium was also all over the map with EXAtest and Dr Silver then said to me: "Shannon, after careful analysis of your case Inurge you to get the ablation as soon as possible as there isn't way we are going to able to stabilize your heart via these tools alone."

I knew that too by that time his assessment too helped break the procrastinating cycle of thinking one can and will figure it all out on their own ... Meanwhile the house is burning down with increasing structural remodeling.

You can redouble you efforts at Mag repletion too with or without the EXAtest but doing at least one EXAtest can demonstrate who much repletion effort it takes just to move your IC mag into a decent range. But outside of those whose AFIB was primarily driven by dehydration or other electrolyte imbalance who are much better candidates for dmgoud success with electrolyte repletion alone, the odds of putting the genie back in TE bottle his that method alone is not very robust in our collective experience.

It's certainly worth adding in though to help your overall health as well as keep the heart substrate as calm and supported as we can on-goingly.

But I'm familiar with your case which has all the hallmarks of a complex genetic background to your evolving battle with arrhythmia over the years. So keep your eye firmly on the ball in Austin in June while also reassuring a diligent attempt to address your diet and heart calming ionic replenishment in the meantime .

You can get well ahead of this game for the long term and are very likely almost there.

Cheers!
Shannon
April 14, 2016 10:29AM
Tim,

You know the drill as we discussed keep your eye on the ball and finish this out in Austin. Glad you set the date it will be here before you know it. Consider these lousy episodes as reminders not to start mind flipping yourself and getting side tracked in the forest of procrastination and second guessing.

Your case has been a complicated one from the start and yet you have made steady progress but need now the skills of the best to address very likely areas not yet addressed.

By all means do an EXAtest too while waiting, but in the vast majority of cases the potential heart calming impact of good magnesium repletion will be very supportive rather than curative for a person like you who is already most of the way through a complex arrhythmia ablation process and obviously has some defined open circuit that needs closing in a robust and durable manner. And it makes great good sense to combine that follow up ... This time with Dr Natale in Austin ... By insuring life long dedication to good electrolyte repletion even after a successful ablation process is complete.

I did many EXAtests in my days with lousy AFIB and Dr Silver kindly took all of my various results and studied them carefully over night and called to reaffirm Tgat I should go through with my follow up ablation with Dr Natale ( this was at a time wel hen I was still trying to fine tune my Mag, potassium (via Cardymeter testing) and taking at least one 3 to 4 gram IV Mag cocktail each week plus two grand of Inteamuscular magnesium sulfate injections a DAY and 800mg of Mag Glycinate orally at the time and still could not get a robust IC mag level to sustainable levels. My Potassium was also all over the map with EXAtest and Dr Silver then said to me: "Shannon, after careful analysis of your case Inurge you to get the ablation as soon as possible as there isn't way we are going to able to stabilize your heart via these tools alone."

I knew that too by that time his assessment too helped break the procrastinating cycle of thinking one can and will figure it all out on their own ... Meanwhile the house is burning down with increasing structural remodeling.

You can redouble you efforts at Mag repletion too with or without the EXAtest but doing at least one EXAtest can demonstrate who much repletion effort it takes just to move your IC mag into a decent range. But outside of those whose AFIB was primarily driven by dehydration or other electrolyte imbalance who are much better candidates for dmgoud success with electrolyte repletion alone, the odds of putting the genie back in TE bottle his that method alone is not very robust in our collective experience.

It's certainly worth adding in though to help your overall health as well as keep the heart substrate as calm and supported as we can on-goingly.

But I'm familiar with your case which has all the hallmarks of a complex genetic background to your evolving battle with arrhythmia over the years. So keep your eye firmly on the ball in Austin in June while also reassuring a diligent attempt to address your diet and heart calming ionic replenishment in the meantime .

You can get well ahead of this game for the long term and are very likely almost there.

Cheers!
Shannon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login