Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Your Opinion Please

Posted by tsco 
Your Opinion Please
February 16, 2016 11:07AM
Hi Folks

Well after 32 years with the same engineering firm I have found we will all be loosing our jobs in Sept.
I will have medical insurance until December.

Some may know I am on year two since my PVI ablation and have done pretty well. I had an episode Christmas Eve and since have had a couple of short runs.
Based on this I think maybe the beast is creeping back in!!!!

I know sometimes (more often than not) a "Touch-Up" may be in order.

Should I go ahead and schedule this now even though Im not having a lot of problems yet, but assuming problems will increase (with the security of my current insurance) . VOTE "YES"
or should I wait it out assuming I will get another job with insurance and with time another touch up can be done later when things are worse. VOTE "NO"

Thanks Everybody....Wishing you health and happiness
Tim
Re: Your Opinion Please
February 16, 2016 11:28AM
TSCO,

!00% yes, go for a touch up with the very best Ablationist you can possibly arrange for yourself this time, You have had a complex case that deserves the most nuanced view of what has been done, and what needs to be done to makes this your last rodeo.

The fact of your documented arrhythmia breakthrough on Christmas Eve of either AFIB/AFLUTTER/ATachy and that you have had some short additional runs since, makes this a slam dunk decision. Just go to the man you know of well, that can address any and all such gremlins that might be left for you to deal with, but who will not do any more than he finds necessary to seal things up for the long term.

If you have to travel on this one, so be it, as convenience doesn't count for much, even with a truly very good local ablationist, not with a case as complex as yours has been. Certainly, you might well get a good result locally, but it will be a definite bigger roll of the dice compared to going to the most experienced guy in the world with these kind of follow up ablations on challenging hearts.

Best Wishes friend, and very sorry about the job and insurance loss, that has got to be very tough after 32 years! At least though in this specific issue the forcing a decision here might be a bit of a blessing in disguise too, at least just on this ablation issue alone.

Shannon
February 16, 2016 11:28AM
Hi Tim,

!00% yes, go for a touch up with the very best Ablationist you can possibly arrange for yourself this time, You have had a complex case that deserves the most nuanced view of what has been done, and what needs to be done to makes this your last rodeo.

The fact of your documented arrhythmia breakthrough on Christmas Eve of either AFIB/AFLUTTER/ATachy and that you have had some short additional runs since, makes this a slam dunk decision. Just go to the man you know of well, that can address any and all such gremlins that might be left for you to deal with, but who will not do any more than he finds necessary to seal things up for the long term.

If you have to travel on this one, so be it, as convenience doesn't count for much, even with a truly very good local ablationist, not with a case as complex as yours has been. Certainly, you might well get a good result locally, but it will be a definite bigger roll of the dice compared to going to the most experienced guy in the world with these kind of follow up ablations on challenging hearts.

Best Wishes friend, and very sorry about the job and insurance loss, that has got to be very tough after 32 years! At least though in this specific issue the forcing a decision here might be a bit of a blessing in disguise too, at least just on this ablation issue alone.

Shannon
February 16, 2016 11:37AM
Thanks shannon, AWESOME response
tim
February 16, 2016 11:41AM
Hi Tim - I'm so very sorry about your job loss. Certainly, the intense stress has an influence on allowing a bit of AF to creep in.... remember, always, stress depletes magnesium so you should be increasing that to maintain calm and not just for your heart.

I vote yes... and second Shannon's advice. Get it over with now so you don't have to think about it with a new employer, insurance, preexisting conditions and all that. And obviously, go to the best ablationist available to you.

My heart goes out to you, Tim. Best wishes for successful second procedure and a good life with a calm heart.

Sincerely,
Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login