Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Good News... Announcing Reissue of Lone Atrial Fibrillation - Towards a Cure

Posted by Jackie 
Good News... Announcing Reissue of Lone Atrial Fibrillation - Towards a Cure
February 09, 2016 02:27PM
Good News!

A new supply of Hans Larsen’s book, Lone Atrial Fibrillation – Towards a Cure, is now available at both Amazon and Barnes & Noble – on line. Unfortunately, with the new release, the past history and book reviews of the former offering are no longer available so please follow my lead and log on to both websites (see below) and offer a review of this amazing resource.

Here’s mine:

Review

This book is a must-have reference for every patient diagnosed with atrial fibrillation. First published in 2002, Towards a Cure remains an outstanding, reliable resource since the prevalence of Afib continues to escalate in both young and aging populations. Author, Hans Larsen, has personal experience with Afib and offers comprehensive, thoroughly referenced, specific details on underlying causes, nutritional support, improving lifestyle habits and much more. Readers can use as a reliable handbook for practical knowledge and guidance. I have found it to be invaluable.

My personal saga with atrial fibrillation began 20 years ago; and had I had access to this book at the onset, I could have spared myself a good deal of stress and anguish. Today, surgical procedures (cardiac ablation) are commonly prescribed for correcting atrial fibrillation but this does not negate or minimize the importance of correcting the underlying imbalances that help enable the onset of arrhythmia in the first place. Towards a Cure provides those guidelines.

Jackie Burgess

Go here and offer two identical reviews. Just copy/paste from your draft.

[www.amazon.com]

[www.barnesandnoble.com]

Now – here’s a warning. The Amazon submission was easy to do . With the Barnes & Noble, I had a heck of a time getting the first submission to show up as submitted. I contacted online chat customer service who directed me to use another Search Engine connection and re-submit, which I did. Then as I was doing that, the system glitched and I began again…. not realizing that the entry was acknowledged. So it appeared as another review also shows up as well… but in all cases, I had clicked 5 stars and only 3 showed up. So I’m going to try again to do another submission to clarify my rating. If that doesn't work, I'm giving up.

Oh, and BTW, you’ll need to have accounts, passwords, etc. with both sites to submit a review.

Jackie
Re: Good News... Announcing Reissue of Lone Atrial Fibrillation - Towards a Cure
February 09, 2016 03:39PM
Here is my review:

I've had afib since July '04. I found this book within a month of my first episode. It was a huge blessing. I was referred to a highly regarded cardio. I'd read this book and I expected us to be on the same page. My episodes tend to have a vagal trigger. I'd learned from the book that digoxin was not indicated for those with vagal triggers ("Whatever you decide, do not – ABSOLUTELY NOT – accept a prescription for digoxin (Lanoxin, digitalis). This drug has been proven to worsen LAF and may make it permanent. Actually, if your doctor prescribes it look for another physician – your present one is obviously not up-to- date!"). The doc told me digioxin was his favorite afib med. I would not take it and we'd have hour long "discussions." For whatever reason, the doc referred me to his electrophysiologist partner. When I described my presentation, he said, "you are obviously vagal and there are certain meds (digoxin) we won't prescribe for you." I thanked him.

This is a great book for anybody with afib. Ablation techniques have advanced since the book was written, but much of the info is still very valuable. I highly recommend this for any afibber to get a better understanding of their illness and situation.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login