Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reduce vitamin D level?

Posted by runner49 
Reduce vitamin D level?
January 07, 2016 05:37PM
Just got the results of a vitamin D test, 53.6 ng/ml. Any ideas if changing this might help my vagal afib (I currently fib pretty much all the time I'm sleep). I think calcium aggravates my AF so does that suggest a lower D3 level might help?

A related question:
I haven't been taking my vit K2 supps recently, would taking them affect my serum calcium levels?

r49
Re: Reduce vitamin D level?
January 07, 2016 10:54PM
My latest 25OHD test was 95 ng/mL. It's been >50 for many years. There is some controversy about the "sweet spot" for D as 25OHD, but the lowest sweet spot I'm aware of tops out at 60. Hence I don't think it will help. Adding K2 as MK7 is always a good idea, but may not matter to your vagal afib.

George
Re: Reduce vitamin D level?
January 14, 2016 06:46PM
Hi George,

Thanks for the reply. When I posted I was still trying to remember how the numbers worked for D. The test here (UK) reports in nmol/L and they give very low numbers for their expected ranges so my figure seemed very high, at first i thought it was a lot higher than i intended to get to. On reflection I decided that I had been aiming for the 40-50 area, so I was only just outside that range. (My supps are 5000 IU, and I'd been taking 1 most days before this test. It's maybe a couple of years since I started this.) So now I'm not sure if I should try raising or reducing my D level, or just keep it the same.

What levels of vitamin D do other people have?

For now I'm using the winter season to try to reduce my levels since the fib started while I was supplementing. I'll try to get it down to 40 or so and see if that helps. I can always use the summer months to ramp it back up again if I want.

r49
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login