Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Two Years out from Dr Natale Ablation

Posted by McHale 
Two Years out from Dr Natale Ablation
May 28, 2015 10:30PM
Hello All,
Just wanted to update my status and I'm Happy to report no AFIB 2 years out on May 28. With all the stress I've been under it's amazing I haven't flipped into any afib. I've been way too busy with work and private endeavors and owe it to the community to give back some encouragement from my success.

Coincidentally my AFIB was diagnosed Memorial Day weekend 5 years ago,, had a TIA/ stroke Labor Day weekend 2013 as my AFIB burden was becoming more frequent; from every 2-3 weeks to weekly episodes, then a few times a week right before my ablation.

Dr Natale got to love the guy, truly a professional and a gentlemen and the most caring doctor I've ever met.

Simply the Best in my book!

Shannon you made it all possible and I Thank You from my steady rhythm of my heart!

Happy NSR to All,

McHale
Re: Two Years out from Dr Natale Ablation
May 28, 2015 11:26PM
This is wonderful news, McHale. I was not far behind you in August 2013 with Dr. Natale at St. Luke's in NYC, and I certainly agree with everything you've said about Dr. N. I am seeing him again for a follow-up procedure in early July in Austin. I was 19 years with paroxsymal AF that ultimately progressed to persistent 5 months before my 2013 ablation. I'm 95% better since the ablation, but I'm having some episodes of flutter that require a second ablation. Given the lengthy period I had AF prior to seeing Dr. Natale, it was never a given that I would be one and done. Dr. Natale feels that my prospects with this procedure are excellent, and I look forward to the distinct possibility of having this long slog with AF behind me.

Wishing you continued NSR, and it seems like you're definitely on the right track. Your great news is indeed encouraging.

Rob
May 29, 2015 10:24AM
Great to hear McHale,

Two years flew by in one sense and in another it seems like 10!

You followed through on each step of the way and it has paid off Ina big way!
You are more than welcome and it's easy when you make the right choices as you did.

Take it easy and hopefully the work load is less demanding in the coming years.

Be well Buddy,
Shannon
May 29, 2015 12:22PM
Happy for you that the stars aligned for Natale to be in NYC just when you needed him. Best wishes for continued NSR.
May 30, 2015 06:27AM
Mchale, glad to hear you continue to do well. May you have many happy returns of this life changing anniversary. Dennis
June 03, 2015 10:05PM
McHale:

That's so awesome to hear. I'm so happy for you! Here's to many more years of NSR!

Travis

P.S. I want to thank you personally for nudging me to go to Dr. Natale. As you recall, it was our email exchanges that got me involved here and got me to pull the trigger with Dr. Natale. Without you I would have never pursued an ablation with him. I owe you big time so thanks from the bottom of my heartsmiling smiley
June 04, 2015 01:22PM
Thanks all for the well wishes.
Just too busy to spend any time here until things settle down!

Rob, wish you a great outcome with Dr N

Shannon you were right all along pushing me to get it done......whatever happened to FIRM I was waiting for......Oh yea they came up with another variation of it I heard at the conference DiBase held for Montifiore

Researcher Tanks for all your support too during my agonizing decision.

Dennis always a pleasure seeing you and chatting at those conferences.

Travis I told you so ! It was my pleasure to give back. Sad to say at that other site Mr P is back in AFIB after going for Cryo with a greenhorn EP WITH ONLY 200 ablations under her belt but she had great credentials he lashed back when I tried to tell him after 25 years of AFIB he needed Natale! So sad but I also think he was scared of the urinary catheter........

Best to All,
McHale
Shannon we'll catch up soon !
June 07, 2015 04:36PM
McHale,

Great to hear you're doing well. Your story is one of the reasons I opted for ablation. In a hotel room in Bordeaux as we speak, 14 hours to go!

Monty
June 07, 2015 09:36PM
Montos,
Let any apprehension and fear go....your heart is in great hands with those guys!

Best,
McHale
June 14, 2015 07:51PM
Time flies, McHale - not so far back as when the Celtics were hot but long enough. I'm coming up for 3 years since the MGH Dr Barrett ablation myself with same NSR results.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login