Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Xarelto or Eliquis AND Nattokinase?

Posted by JohnB 
Xarelto or Eliquis AND Nattokinase?
May 07, 2015 08:17AM
Hi All,

I am now 10 weeks post Dr. Natale ablation. I am presently taking 80 mg Sotalol twice a day for tachy/flutter. I am probably to receive a touch-up at a time in the near future. I am taking 10 mg Xarelto each day. When it runs out, I will switch to Eliquis, as I believe the evidence shows that is safer.

My question is: Would it be beneficial for me to add a natural blood thinner like Nattokinase or one of the others to my regimen?
I already supplement with fish oil, vit C, B-6.

Thanks,
JohnB
Re: Xarelto or Eliquis AND Nattokinase?
May 07, 2015 09:56AM
Hi John,

You technically could use some Natto,but would not do so unless you are closely followed by a doc who understands both Nattokinase and Eliquis and the only one I know with that experience is Dr Ralph Holsworth in Colorado. He has some patients at high risk for fibrin-related clotting that combine Eliquis with Nattokinase that are doing fine, but at this point I would not do that unless under skilled supervision and you have and added reason for doing so. Eliquis should give a strong amount of anticoagulant effect, and this class of drugs is not one you want to be too cavalier with.

We just don't know enough about the NOAC drugs yet and let's just wait some time longer for a greater consensus to develop on how these can work together and to what added value and safety before considering combining the two. In a couple years we should have a lot more data and experience to draw from on this issue.

Shannon
Re: Xarelto or Eliquis AND Nattokinase?
May 07, 2015 07:46PM
Thank You Shannon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login