Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Two new patient oriented AFIB Conferences coming in March.

Posted by Shannon 
Two new patient oriented AFIB Conferences coming in March.
February 13, 2015 03:04PM
First in line on March 7th is the second annual AFIB conference sponsored and hosted by Montefiore Medical Center in NYC and Dr. Luigi DiBiase

Dr DiBiase, as many of you know, is a long time protege of Dr Andrea Natale and a real rising star in the AFIB EP pantheon, and he recently was named Section Head of Electrophysiology and Director of Arrhythmia Services at Montefiore Medical Center in NYC. Dr. DiBiase hosted last year's conference there, attended by some of our New York afibbers who frequent our forum, and this year's one day event promises to be an even more exciting and interesting day long affair with a superb line up of top level speakers. The event will be on March 7th at 8:00am and finishing at 3:00pm located at ... 42 at The Ritz Carlton Westchester, One Renaissance Square, White Plains NYC 10601.

Go here: 2nd Annual A Practical Approach to Electrophysiology to register and print out a copy of all the talks and speakers including Drs Andrea Natale with a couple of presentations, Luigi DiBiase, Sanjeev Saksena, David Callans from Univ of Penn, Eric Prystowski, Eugen Palma, DJ Lakkireddy, Kevin Ferrick, Vivek Reddy, Andrew Krumeran, Shrinivas Dukkipati, Larry Chinitz and last, but not least, the very bright Kalyanam Shivkumar from UCLA who I always enjoy hearing speak.

This is an all star line up for sure, and while it is not technically geared mostly to patients, but rather to update regional cardiologist and EPs on the latest findings in both AFIB, stroke reduction and Ventricular Fib ablation (a very interesting relative to AFIB ablation), there will be much of real interest to any afibbers who have more than a passing interest in this field.

It's also a great chance to hear first hand from all these leaders in the field, the latest thinking on issues of direct relevance to us all and a chance to meet and engage these physicians and ask questions of them as well.

The price for the lay public and patients is only $15.00 according to Dr DiBiase, but be sure and register on the the pdf form titled 'Program Brochure' that you can download from the link listed above. If you can, please register before Feb 20 so they can get an accurate count of who is attending.

The next exciting event in March is in Dallas Texas March 28 & 29 and this one is truly a patient oriented conference.

My friend and colleague Mellanie True Hills from StopAfib.org alerted me to her new patient-oriented AFIB conference 'Get In Rhythm' that her group is hosting at Dallas DFW airport Marriott hotel March 28-29 and it looks to be very interesting as well, and Im sure any of you who can make it would enjoy hearing from some of the key speakers she has rounded up for her second such event.

Below is what Mellanie sent to me describing the conference for those who might be able to attend.

"...One of my goals has been to take afib patients to medical conferences, and I’ve been able to take a few with me to conferences. But, that is not enough, so I’ve been wanting to have the all-stars who present at the medical conferences speak at a patient conference. Our first National AF Patient Conference featured Dr. Eric Prystowsky. Our second one, coming up March 28-29, will feature an incredible lineup of big names – Dr. Natale, Dr. Marrouche, Dr. Narayan, Dr. Wilber, Dr. Kowal, Dr. Turakhia, Dr. Damiano, Dr. Edgerton, Dr. Philpott, and several more to be named soon."

"Please share this info with your communities. You can find the conference info at: 'Get In Rhythm' Patient AFIB Conference. The price is incredible - $79 for early registration, which covers only half of the cost of food for an individual. And the hotel is $119/night, which is half the normal rate. And there is no ground transportation as it will be held at the Hyatt Regency DFW Airport, which is adjacent to Terminal C and the hotel has a free shuttle."

"This is really a not-to-be-missed event. Please consider joining us, and letting your communities know about it as well. Where else can most afib patients get access to the top afib experts in the world? I hope you can join us. Thanks.
Warmest regards,
Mellanie"

Mellanie True Hills, CSP
Speaker and CEO, StopAfib.org

I really wish I could attend both of these conferences in March, but with having to catch up on all my AFIB duties, take a long overdue business trip back to my other residence in Hawaii for a week at the end of March through early April, and then return home and get set for Magdalena's second surgery in late April, there will just be no opportunity for me to make it to these interesting events this year. Any of you who do, please give me, and the rest of us a good review of what you heard there.

Be well,
Shannon

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2015 04:10PM by Shannon.
Re: Two new patient oriented AFIB Conferences coming in March.
February 14, 2015 07:55AM
This is great information, Shannon. I look forward to your reports. Thank You!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login