Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Past poster on weight loss diet

Posted by lmann 
Past poster on weight loss diet
October 01, 2014 03:38PM
I am looking for the info posted by someone(female)I believe. She stated that she had shed so many pounds based on a diet. I believe there was a book mentioned. Sorry, but I looked through a few pages of past posts but did not see it. I should have made note of the info. Thank you for your help. Lyndasmiling smiley
Re: Past poster on weight loss diet
October 01, 2014 04:39PM
Hi Lynda

It was me, its the fast metabolism diet by Haylie Pomroy - here's the link to her website. There's some great support groups on facebook too.

Fast Metabolism Diet by Haylie Pomroy

I'm feeling so much better eating this way never mind the weight loss/reduced inches.

Rgds
Heather
October 01, 2014 05:24PM
Heather, thank you so much for responding. I will definitely get busy with this from your recommendation. Thank you for responding so quickly and for the links. Lynda
October 01, 2014 06:26PM
Look into Google Wheat Belly. A lot of people lose a lot of weight with that strategy. Plenty of Youtube video's about it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2014 02:17AM by Todd.
October 01, 2014 07:53PM
I think it is pretty much a guarantee that you will loose weight if you completely stop eating wheat, if for no other reason than it stops a lot of the high calorie snacking like cookies, cakes etc.
Ron
October 01, 2014 08:29PM
Thank you Todd and Ron B for the suggestions. I agree.
October 02, 2014 10:13AM
I lost 90 + lbs on Weight Watchers online. My wife lost 60+ lbs. This was in 2010. Weight Watchers works and is easy to follow. We did it online because of the rural area we live in.
October 02, 2014 06:02PM
And I lost quite a bit of weight on Medifast, which is a very easy "grab and go" weight loss program endorsed by many doctors. Safe, lowers cholesterol, blood pressure and drops weight pretty quicky without feeling real hungry. I like it because I am far too busy right now and it's SIMPLE - no big meal planning, counting calories or tracking things, you just eat 4 of their foods/day and one of your own - protein and veggies.

I know the ideal way to eat is to cook whole foods from scratch, but you also have to go with what works for your lifestyle and what you'll stick with . When you can cook your own healthy foods and watch your portions, that would be ideal. I"m just working with MY reality right now. And as long as you're losing weight in a safe way, (no stimulants, etc), it will be an improvement on your health overall. Just my opinion. I'm sure I'll have at least a few people who disagree..smiling smiley

Barb
October 02, 2014 08:33PM
Smackman thank you for that endorsement of success with weight watchers and you too Barb. Obviously, you both have found success. Thank you both for your input. Lynda
October 02, 2014 11:16PM
LOW CARB DOES IT
October 03, 2014 09:54AM
I believe that is true, butt low carb has not set well with me in the past. It seemed my heart did not like.it. Thank you for yor thoughts too. Lynda
October 03, 2014 10:54AM
Stumbled across this below. Dig a little deeper.

Cayenne Pepper: Capsaicin Releases Adrenaline
Cayenne pepper contains a lot of capsaicin. Capsaicin is useful for dieting.

“Capsaicin supplementation to high fat diet prevents fat deposit in the adipose tissue through secretion of adrenaline from the adrenal gland”

“Capsaicin causes the adrenal glands to produce two hormones: epinephrine (adrenaline) and norepinephrine”
I thought I should share this with everyone. I’ve used cayenne pepper everyday for a while and I noticeably lost weight.

[herbs.mxf.yuku.com]

Besides your weight loss issues, cayenne pepper is almost a cure all.
Start off with this site. 17 Health Benefits of Cayenne Pepper
[www.globalhealingcenter.com]
October 03, 2014 05:55PM
IMO, The only way to lose weight is to eat properly and continue this after you have reached your goal. A well balanced diet,smaller plates and above all a will to follow a plan. DO THIS FOR YOURSELF! That was my motto and everything else takes care of itself.

I also walked while on Weight Watchers. I cannot run due to a back injury. I started out only walking 1/4 of a mile. Today, I walk at least 20 miles a week.

We also invested in a nice hot tub in April 2010 approx. 1 month after starting Weight Watchers; The best investment I have ever made for my back; Relaxing my muscles after walking etc. Heck, I got a sound system in my Jacuzzi J-470. cool smiley

Its all a 'MIND GAME". I have basically kept my weight off for over 3 years. I have gained 10 lbs but Elavil and Neurontin which I take for CPPS/IC which are chronic issues. When I lost all my weight, I was on Lyrica 150 mg 3x a day and it did not stop the weight loss but Elavil and Neurontin are trouble. I have discussed this with my PCP and he said my weight was fine; my BMI is 26.7 which is a little high but my girls say I look a lot healthier and not anemic after the 10 lb gain.

Remember, LOSE THE WEIGHT FOR YOUR HEALTH; FOR YOU!

Good luck!
October 03, 2014 09:32PM
Lynda,

A glucometer might be a useful tool. Measure your blood sugar as if you were a diabetic, about 45 min - 1 hour after meals. This will give you feedback as to what meals are spiking your blood sugar. Ideally you'd like the post meal spike as low as possible (a perfect reading would be a pre-meal reading of 83 mg/dL and the same afterward). Realistically getting a post meal spike to 100 or 105 is doable. I use a bayer ascensia contour, I've found it to be pretty accurate. Strips that are in-date can be had for ~$35/100 on eBay, if you pay attention. I suggested to one friend that she learn how to eat this way and she lost 45-50 pounds. You can eat as whatever plan you select suggests, but you may have to favor some foods over others and adjust quantities.

George

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2014 08:00PM by GeorgeN.
October 04, 2014 02:25PM
Todd, Smackman, and George, I want to thank you for your valuable input. I know weight loss helps with afib burden as well. Would the cayenne aggravate afib by stimulating the adrenals? I know herbalist Dr. John Christopher used it
for heart situations. George N, I had a glucose test fasting in June, registered 110. Another in September was 105 not fasting. So your suggestion certainly
has merit. Thanks again for your helpful responses. Lynda
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login