Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Daily Aspirin......

Posted by smackman 
Daily Aspirin......
August 14, 2014 10:12AM
I have noticed that some on this forum do not like "Aspirins". I was put on 325 mg of Aspirin 1X a day by Dr. Natale when he took me off Xarelto 4 months after the Ablation. I also have 1 stent installed in Feb. 2012 by my heart. My heart is doing GREAT and I am going thru a stressful time with another medical issue......

My question is if you are against a daily Aspirin please expound on why you are. I love to be educated and also what would you do instead of the daily 325 mg Aspirin Dr. Natale prescribed for me?
Re: Daily Aspirin......
August 14, 2014 04:24PM
Well, those that are against aspirin can comment, but, for me, I cannot take Coumadin, it caused my eyes to get all bloodshot and just by using a little pressure on my fingers caused a blood sack to form. My EP said not to take Coumadin and to take a 1/2 of an adult aspirin, now some on this site believe that aspirin causes some stomach problems and internal bleeding, well, so does Coumadin and that is taken by people on this site, go figure.

I would say that if Dr. N. said that you should take aspirin, I would follow his counsel. After all the posts about taking certain supplements and minerals, the best of us still have to go the medical route.

Liz
August 14, 2014 10:04PM
Hey there, Smack.

Seem to recall this topic was covered in an earlier thread. Feel free to do a forum search here.

Think the thread was from 2014.

Good luck!

/L
August 14, 2014 10:37PM
I'm on warfarin right now and probably forever. I have a couple of other risk factors other than afib. Before the warfarin my cardiologist said that there wasn't any extra protection in taking the 325 dose of aspirin over the 81 mg dose. So I used to take the coated 81 mg dose every day which never bothered my stomach. I am patiently waiting for a reversing agent for elequis to be developed, then I'll be done with the warfarin.

Best wishes
Lou
August 14, 2014 11:18PM
LarryG Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey there, Smack.
>
> Seem to recall this topic was covered in an
> earlier thread. Feel free to do a forum search
> here.
>
> Think the thread was from 2014.
>
> Good luck!
>
> /L

I would rather hear from individuals than spend valuable time doing a forum search which I did for approx 15 min. If you know where it is and you have the time to look thru all the post/threads knock yourself out my friend. I really do not understand why individuals suggest this..... sorta demoralizing........
Thanks anyway
August 14, 2014 11:20PM
Lou Toews Wrote:
> I'm on warfarin right now and probably forever. I
> have a couple of other risk factors other than
> afib. Before the warfarin my cardiologist said
> that there wasn't any extra protection in taking
> the 325 dose of aspirin over the 81 mg dose. So I
> used to take the coated 81 mg dose every day which
> never bothered my stomach. I am patiently waiting
> for a reversing agent for elequis to be developed,
> then I'll be done with the warfarin.
>
> Best wishes
> Lou

I also was on a 81 mg dose before my Ablation thru my local cardiologist but Dr. Natale wanted me own 325 after removing me from Xarelto. I did what Dr. Natale said because of his credentials which are highly regarded.
August 14, 2014 11:37PM
Well If I had the Dr. Natale as my electrophysiologist I would also do what he recommends. I just thought you may be concerned about gut issues with the 325 mg dose. I wonder if the larger dose is available in a coated form.
August 15, 2014 07:16AM
Lou Toews Wrote:
> Well If I had the Dr. Natale as my
> electrophysiologist I would also do what he
> recommends. I just thought you may be concerned
> about gut issues with the 325 mg dose. I wonder if
> the larger dose is available in a coated form.

YES it is. Bufferin ecentric coated Aspirin.
August 15, 2014 08:15AM
Smack,

Try the link below. If it is not a live link go to Afib resources above scroll down to aspirin friend or foe

[www.afibbers.org]

Dennis
August 15, 2014 08:38AM
smackman Wrote:
> LarryG Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Hey there, Smack.
> >
> > Seem to recall this topic was covered in an
> > earlier thread. Feel free to do a forum search
> > here.
> >
> > Think the thread was from 2014.
> >
> > Good luck!
> >
> > /L
>
>... I really do not
> understand why individuals suggest this...

If you find that annoying in some way, then please let us all know. And if that's the case, then I won't bother responding in this fashion to your concerns in the future.

All the best!

/L
August 15, 2014 10:56AM
LarryG Wrote:
> smackman Wrote:
> -----
> > LarryG Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Hey there, Smack.
> > >
> > > Seem to recall this topic was covered in an
> > > earlier thread. Feel free to do a forum
> search
> > > here.
> > >
> > > Think the thread was from 2014.
> > >
> > > Good luck!
> > >
> > > /L
> >
> >... I really do not
> > understand why individuals suggest this...
> ____________________
> I posted the above in an attempt to try and
> assist you. Believe that's why most here post.
>
> If you find that annoying in some way, then please
> let us all know. And if that's the case, then I
> won't bother responding in this fashion to your
> concerns in the future.
>
> All the best!
>
> /L

This was for you; Involving the word ALL above is not justified. I still ask if you want to assist then give me a answer to my question instead of suggesting to "feel free" to make a forum search which I had already attempted.

I am a member on many forums to help individuals like I get quality help here but what you said can seem condescending to some individuals looking for advice/help etc IMO.

Gods Speed.....
August 15, 2014 10:57AM
DennisC Wrote:
> Smack,
>
> Try the link below. If it is not a live link go
> to Afib resources above scroll down to aspirin
> friend or foe
>
>
> [www.afibbers.org]
>
>
> Dennis

I appreciate the info. Thanks a million!
August 15, 2014 02:01PM
I was watching Dr. Oz last night and he talked about aspirin, he said if you feel any symptoms of a possible heart attack to take a aspirin immediately, he said to chew it so that it gets into the blood stream quickly. He also said if anyone has any stomach issues with aspirin then make sure that you drink a full glass of water with it.

Liz
August 16, 2014 03:48PM
Elizabeth, t

The heart attack issue is one of the few good reasons to take an aspirin, for cardiac MI risk reduction and in the midst of an MI,. The risk reduction is mainly for those who have already experienced a first heart attack,

I checked with Dr Natale and he said when he recommends a low dose aspirin to people it is to reduce such possible cardiovascular risks and is not intended for stroke prevention. It really has been shown not to be worth it if stroke reduction, AFIB related or otherwise, is your main reason for taking it.

Shannon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login