Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Received the all clear from Dr. Natale

Posted by KenH 
Received the all clear from Dr. Natale
January 24, 2014 10:11PM
I had my ablation in Austin on 7/3/13 and finished my 7 day holter, I just got my results from Dr Natale's office, the good news is that there was no AFIB and I can now get off of xarelto and switch to a 325 mg of aspirin. I stopped the atenolol a couple months ago so other than supplements no more meds for me. I am hoping it stays as a one and done. I am so thankful for this site and all of you because without this site I would have never known about Dr. Natale.

KenH
Re: Received the all clear from Dr. Natale
January 25, 2014 01:23AM
Congratulations, KenH! Your excellent news is also encouraging for those us approaching the six-month mark post ablation. Thanks for the update and here's hoping you are "one and done."

Best wishes,

Rob
January 25, 2014 04:21AM
KenH: Congratulations to you and your 6 month milestone. I'm scheduled March 17 for an ablation with Dr. Natale. A few questions for you: how was your blanking period? Did you have a lot of mishaps of tachy, flutter, or afib during the 90 day healing? Did you have any afib after the 90 days till now? Was this your first ablation and how long did Dr. Natale work on you? Was an LAA necessary?
January 25, 2014 03:55PM
Thanks Rob and Chris.

Chrisdodt,

My blanking couldn't have been better, I had no afib or tachycardia and maybe a couple of times I felt one ectopic beat from time to time but it was only a couple of times and it was one beat and gone. After the blanking period there was also no afib or anything else for that matter. This was my first ablation and Dr. Natalie took about two hours and if I remember correctly 59 minutes of that was for actual burning. Fortunately he didn't need to address my LAA. Good luck with your ablation, you will be in great hands, I can't speak highly enough of Dr. Natalie.

KenH
January 25, 2014 06:49PM
Very good to hear, KenH.

I had my ablation with Steven Hao at CPMC on 6/27/13, just a week before yours, with similar results.

Lone paroxysmal vagal atrial fibrillation. Age 62, female, no risk factors. Autonomic instability since severe Paxil withdrawal in 2004, including extreme sensitivity to neuro-active drugs, supplements, foods. Monthly tachycardia started 1/11, happened only at night, during sleep, or when waking, bouts of 5-15 hours. Changed to afib about a year ago, same pattern. Frequency increased over last 6 months, apparently with sensitivity to more triggers. Ablation 6/27/13 by Steven Hao.
January 25, 2014 08:06PM
Sounds like a winner KenH!

While having some activity during blanking is not a certain prediction for needing one additional touch up and many people with runs of AFIB during the first couple of months go on to being 'one and done', still, the quieter that first three months the better the odds for one and done.

Shannon

KenH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks Rob and Chris.
>
> Chrisdodt,
>
> My blanking couldn't have been better, I had no
> afib or tachycardia and maybe a couple of times I
> felt one ectopic beat from time to time but it was
> only a couple of times and it was one beat and
> gone. After the blanking period there was also no
> afib or anything else for that matter. This was my
> first ablation and Dr. Natalie took about two
> hours and if I remember correctly 59 minutes of
> that was for actual burning. Fortunately he didn't
> need to address my LAA. Good luck with your
> ablation, you will be in great hands, I can't
> speak highly enough of Dr. Natalie.
>
> KenH
January 29, 2014 06:52AM
Wow, sounds like the ideal procedure. I'm hoping for the same come March.
Thanks, KenH.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login