Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How Soon To Return to Supplements After Ablation

Posted by Randy 
How Soon To Return to Supplements After Ablation
January 21, 2014 11:33AM
Heading to Austin tomorrow, not sure the staff down there will have a lot to say about this issue.

For those who supplement, and who've been ablated, wondering what some of the perspectives are. I've heard that certain supplements, or too high amounts, shouldn't be resumed immediately, others may be beneficial to help recovery. Thanks. Randy
Re: How Soon To Return to Supplements After Ablation
January 22, 2014 12:43AM
I gave my list to dr and they are all recorded in office records and pre-op nurse recorded all in hospital chart.
The evening after my cryoballoon, I had my usual evening cup of herbal tea with Natural Clam magnesium supplement. In the morning prior to discharge, nurse gave me some of my supplements and rx meds and gave me my list to resume everything the next day. I take algal oil, biotin, b12, vit c, coq10, metanx, magnesium, vit d, alpha lipoic acid and low NA v-8; the only thing dr added was protonix for a month. my afib meds are prn and I hope to eventually get off the xarelto. l have, since procedure, added adaptogen astragalus root to help me recover from all the emotional and physical stressors that have been placed on me in past few months.

Have nurse/dr review your supplements.

Good Luck
Karen
Re: How Soon To Return to Supplements After Ablation
January 22, 2014 01:02AM
Thank you, Karen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login