Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lipid Replacement Therapy and NT Factor--Starting Point?

Posted by ln108 
Lipid Replacement Therapy and NT Factor--Starting Point?
August 11, 2013 05:03PM
Jackie,

Thanks for your thoughts on the NT Factor and the ancient/emerging field of energy medicine in this earlier message:

Magenisum IV Didn't Stop PACs

I--and I'm sure others--look forward to your updates on this.

Regarding the NT Factor products, the concept behind this lipid replacement therapy intrigues me. I'm looking at the list of products offered on the ntfactor.com website, and I'm somewhat at a loss as to where one might start with this. Most of their products are complex multi-suplements, with many ingredients. These include a lot of calcium, way more than the magnesium, the latter being in many cases magnesium oxide (which has been frequently dismissed in this forum as beening at best ineffectual).

So I guess my question might be, how would one try the NT Factor lipid replacement therapy while minimizing all these other variables that might or might not affect one's heart rhythm?

Regards,

--Lance
Re: Lipid Replacement Therapy and NT Factor--Starting Point?
August 11, 2013 06:44PM
Lance - yes... I have comments on the NTFactor's ingredient list and I'll be glad to share my thoughts on how I'm circumventing that issue.
I've sent you a PM so you can email me.

Jackie
August 13, 2013 05:03PM
Hi Lance and Jackie,

I've been researching NT Factor too and was/am concerned about the amount of calcium in the various products. I took NT Factor Advanced Physicians Formula with B Vitamin Complex (prescribed by my doctor) for nine months, from August 2012 to May 2013. It had 4000 mg of NT Factor, various B vitamins, calcium (400 mg), magnesium oxide (125 mg), and various other ingredients. A serving size was 5 tablets. I was supposed to take the 5 tablets, but could only seem to take 2 tablets a day without getting light-headed; plus, I was concerned about taking the 400 mgs of calcium in it. My doc also had me taking additional multi-mineral pills that had even more calcium, though they contained an equal amount of magnesium in them. My present PACs started when my current nutritionist had me experiment with taking 500 mg of calcium for a month and cutting my magnesium down to 400 mg to try to close my LES muscle. So I don't want to go down that road again!

Lance, below is an advertisement for just NT Factor (not ProPax with NT Factor). Towards the bottom, it tells the ingredients and how much of each. In the studies where the product was effective, 6 NT pills were taken (There is lack of clarity over whether this was ProPax with NT or just NT in the study). The serving size given below for NT Factor is 2 pills, which contains 160 mg of calcium, 50 mg of magnesium oxide, and 1350 mg of NT Factor. So to get the equivalent of 6 pills, if we multiply by 3, that would be 480 mg of calcium. Don't know if that would work for you if you were to take extra magnesium to offset it. Since I am not absorbing magnesium, I can't really just add more magnesium like most people could--a real dilemma!! It sounds like NT Factor is just what I need to heal my leaking cells, but I don't know how to deal with the calcium problem! Also, I don't know how effective NT Factor alone is without the antioxidants mentioned in the study (which I guess are in ProPax??)

Here is the website in case you want to order it.
[www.totaldiscountvitamins.com]

"NT Factor - clinically shown to reduce biological aging, repair and rebuild cells. This unique product has been the subject of numerous clinical studies. It was previously only available from your physician. Doctor recommended for over 10 years, NT Factor® is now available direct from the manufacturer - Nutritional Therapeutics.

NT Factor Repairs Damaged Cells and Reduces Fatigue Damaged cell membranes need repair as we age. NT Factor spreads vital glycophospholipids to repair damange first in the intestinal lining, (Spontaneous incorporation) cell-to-cell then to organs, reaching stability and balance to the entire body. In just three days fatigue reduction occurs, in 30 days, there is a 30% increase in cell energy along with decrease in fatigue, and at 60 days there is a dramatic reduction in fatigue with a 45% increase in cell energy equal to that of people half the age of the NT Factor test population.

NT Factor is a nutrient complex extracted and prepared using proprietary processes. It is composed only of food and food components listed as:
Phosphoglycolipids: includes polyunstaurated phosphatidylcholine, glycolipids adn other polyunsaturated phosphatidyl nutrients.
Bifido and Lactobacillus Bacterium freeze dried and microencapsulated in a state of suspended animation with the potential to form healthy microflora colonies.
Growth media: foods and bacteria growth factors to support microflora colonies including rice bran extract, arginine, beet root fiber, black strap molasses, glycine, magnesium sulfate, para amino benzoate, leek pantethine (bifido growth factor), taurine, garlic, calcium borogluconate, artichoke, potassium citrate, calcium sulfate, spirulina, bromelain, natural vitamin E, calcium ascorbate, alpha lipoic acid, oligosaccharides, B, C, niacinamide, riboflavin, inositor, niacin, calcium pantothenate, thiamin, B 12, folic acid, chromium picolinate.
Contains: Soybeans
This product contains NO milk, egg, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish (lobster, crab or shrimp), tree nuts, wheat yeast gluten or beef.
Contains NO artificial sweeteners, flavors or colors.
Supplement Facts
Serving Size 2 Tablets
Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopherol succinate, natural mxed tocopherols) 20 IU 67%
Calcium (as calcium carbonate, calcium pyruvate, di-calcium phosphate) 160mg 16%
Phosphorus (as di-calcium phosphate) 50mg 5%
Magnesium (as magnesium oxide) 50mg 12.4%
Alpha-Ketoglutaric Acid 120mg
L-Carnipur L-Carnitine L- Tartate 90mg
L-Tyrosine 60mg
Pantethine (as coenzyme A precursor) 50mg
Sulfur (OptiMSM) 11.15mg
NT Factor (includes phosphoglycolipids from soy) 1,350mg"

Hope this is helpful. Keep us posted on your findings.

Blessings,
Nancy M
August 13, 2013 08:21PM
Nancy,

Thanks for this reference and link. It seems that Allergy Research is also selling NT Factor products under their name. See:

allergyresearchgroup.com

These are also available via iHerb:

iHerb

You'll note that Allergy Research does sell a pure NT Factor powder. However, your question as to how effective NT Factor might be by itself, without the anti-oxidants, etc., is a good one. This may be a key point. Jackie, as she has indicated, is researching this and promises to report as soon as her time permits.

--Lance
August 14, 2013 09:44AM
I was anxious to avoid taking that much supplemental calcium and was rather annoyed with the inclusion of Magnesium Oxide since that would not offset the quantity of Calcium.

It should be noted that using just the NT Factor powder is not effective unless the total complement of nutrients included in the Propax formulation are added by additional suppplements from other means. I've spoken with the NT Factor people who said the powder alone will not work.

Since my myriad of system-support supplements include all but a few components, which I'll add separately, I've decided to try the powder.

I also had a concern about the soy derivation of the various phospholipids as I have a soy sensitivity...not allergy... but still try to avoid soy...
and my conversation with NT Factors confirmed their literature that indicates there is not enough residual soy protein to cause any type of a reaction for those with soy sensitivities.

I'll be putting up some links so those interested can read the science behind Lipid Replacement Therapy. As it pertains to afibbers who find adding nutrients don't seem to help, the problem obviously lies at the cell membrane and what that means for transport into cells where the nutrients function. There are many causes of cell membrane damage...among them, just normal living and the oxidative stress factor but since we live in such a toxic world these days, it's reasonable to assume we all could use help in cell membrane repair so nutrients from both food and supplements make it to the target.

Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login