Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Post procedure pleurisy

Posted by bstevens 
Post procedure pleurisy
July 19, 2013 10:51AM
After a rough ten days following the ablation, I began to feel greatly improved and returned to work full-time Monday, 21 days post ablation. Yesterday afternoon I began to have chest pain starting in the middle of my chest and moving all across the right side. It really hurt to take a deep breath such that I couldn't. Actually it hurt to just breathe, but that's hard to give up. The pain was sharp and only on the right side and it helped to splint the right side of my chest. Sent off an ECG to Austin and it was normal. I drove home, vomited (something rare) and went to bed.

Dr. Natale's office thinks I have post procedure delayed pleuritic pain. Am supposed to take Motrin 600 mg three times a day for two days and it is helping. I'm taking the day off from work today. What should I have done differently?

Have any of you had this and can tell me about it?

Betty
Re: Post procedure pleurisy
July 20, 2013 05:50PM
Hi Betty,
A little post procedure pleurisy is not too uncommon.. Anytime you get some chest discomfort during the first month or two post ablation start first with Motrin or Advil as Dr Zn advised. This works too with the typical mild pericarditis (inflammation) right afterward as well.

The best way to minimize any inflammation flare his is to adopt a good post ablation anti-inflammatory supplement routine immediately after discharge ..Hans has kisten a good program for optimizing recovery ... Or rather helping to minimize such hiccups, since some degree may well happen in any event. You should be fine soon.

Take it easy the next few days and keep up with the Motrin as you learn about and stick up on goodies like 12mg/day Astaxanthin and Zyflamend for longer term use .. as well as others for ongoing inflammation control.

Shannon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2013 05:54PM by Shannon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login