Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How do you find an experienced EP

Posted by rosemarie 
How do you find an experienced EP
February 22, 2013 11:24AM
Hi everyone. haven't written for awhile but am usually here behind the screen reading. I have decided that I would like to look into having an ablation done. having spoken to my GP. and my Internist . I don't know what I was waiting for that would determine if and when I could choose this option. I have had a 6month abensce of A-fib from August to Dec.31 2012.Yup ,,New Years Eve it began began with Tachycardia which is the worse for me as far as anxiety goes , went to the hospitall at 7 and was out at 11;30, HR.was brought down and was sent home and converted a few hours later. It was a short episode.7 hrs. It happened again Jan.19 2013 began again with tachy HR. was reduced and was in flutter. Converted again on my own after 16hrs..
Which brings me to the present,.. considering having this ablation done. It is the unknown that once again shows me that I don't want to live this way and put my life on hold . Reading everyones comments here on this board , there are so many others that are having such a hard time, which scares me into thinking what is in my future . .
So my question is Does anyone know of a good EP. here in Ontario , my Dr. is making arrangements with an EP. at Southlake in Newmarket Ontario Canada .Consultation only. I live in central ontario so I am within distance to a few major centers..How does one go about finding a good EP. that has had great results .

Thanks
Rosemarie
Re: How do you find an experienced EP
February 22, 2013 01:44PM
Rosemarie... you have several top EPs there at Southlake/Newmarket... Atul Verma is one and look at the posts by Murray L for the name of his contact there.

Jackie
Re: How do you find an experienced EP
February 22, 2013 05:42PM
Rosemarie here's my two Canadian cents, get it done now! don't wait for persistant and worse conditions then harder to fix! Remember there is Bordeaux....cost "you" but sure sounds great from others and their expertise may be unmatched

Tom P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login