Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How much ginger?

Posted by Tom Hopkins 
Tom Hopkins
How much ginger?
December 18, 2012 05:23AM
For those vagal afibbers who have had luck taking ginger pills, how much are you taking? I just bought a bottle although I do drink a ginger tea once a day. Tom
Re: How much ginger?
December 18, 2012 09:35PM
Tom - this might not help you much but I eat fresh ginger and cut off about 3 pea size pieces to have with each meal. I figure there is more to offer in the fresh than the pills. Jim
GeorgeN
December 19, 2012 05:35AM
Tom,

I take a heaping spoonful morning & night of ginger powder from the spice rack. This is a dinner spoon, not a measuring one.

George
DavidS
December 19, 2012 07:48PM
Tom, I have been taking ginger capsules (2 in morning & 2 at night) for about 6 weeks and have had wonderful results. The ginger has totally eliminated the few skipped beats I had experiencing recently, and it has reduced my GERD to the point that I have been able to discontinue taking Priolsec entirely. At this point in time, I am a true believer in the benefits of taking ginger for both heart and gut.
Hope your results are as good as mine.

David
Tom Hopkins
December 21, 2012 12:04AM
Thanks Jim in Oz, DavidS, and GeorgeN for your input. Presently I am experimenting with the timing of my FLEC doses but it would be great to get off of it if ginger helped me. I do plan to keep drinking ginger tea as it is a real warming drink for evening. TOM
mikef
December 22, 2012 09:23AM
David S,
What brand/size of capsule are you taking please?
Congrats on the results and long may it continue!
Mike
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login