Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ventricular Fibrillation? Have you had it too?

Posted by Neil Ahern 
Neil Ahern
Ventricular Fibrillation? Have you had it too?
December 11, 2012 01:44PM
Hi Friends. Hope this finds you in NSR

I've not had a-fib since I flatlined in August and I am still in NSR thankfully.

I've been on Amiodarone [not the greatest fun] and I started to get this pesky Ventricular Fibrillation starting in November.

I've had HR's over 300 and so my ICD [defibrillator] Shocks me .... and I'm fine and they happen when I'm asleep or napping and there's nothing to do until I send a transmittal to Cardiologist. Almost got to see them yesterday about this but snow prevented it.

My question is - if you know that your HR is 300 [I'm getting a heart rate monitor] can they do anything at the ER ....In your experience?

Merry Christmas

Neil
Re: Ventricular Fibrillation? Have you had it too?
December 11, 2012 03:01PM
Neil, Sorry to hear of your troubles. Has your EP talked with you about the possibility of Amiodarone causing Torsades that then becomes VF? The ICD is saving you but it can't be fun for that to fire off so often.
Neil Ahern
December 12, 2012 04:54AM
Thank You Researcher - and no I haven't discussed Torsades with my EP and will and thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Regards,

Neil
Anonymous User
December 13, 2012 06:54AM
Hello Neil, good to see your name here. Last message from you sounded like it might indeed be the last. Sorry to hear of more troubles, but good to hear from you at all. Be well and prosper, friend.

PeggyM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login