Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New research report on anticoagulants

Posted by Hans Larsen 
New research report on anticoagulants
October 26, 2012 12:44PM
New research report in the resources section The new anticoagulants: Which one is for you? [afibbers.org]

Hans
Larry Z
Re: New research report on anticoagulants
October 26, 2012 10:20PM
Hans-

Thank you for a very informative and thorough report.
A must read for anyone going on an anticoagulant.
October 26, 2012 10:26PM
Excellent information. Thank you Hans. At my most recent visit to my cardio, he was hinting towards use of an anticoagulant, warfarin in particular.
RalphL
November 16, 2012 03:19PM
I just read this, as 1 mth later almost I am already fed up with Warfarin. I can't get the dose right and it varies between 1.4 and 2.9 INR. At one point early on it was 5 or 6.

The Intermountain EPs conclude that AF patients with none or, at the most, one risk factor for ischemic stroke do not need to be anticoagulated with warfarin following a catheter ablation for AF provided the protocol used involves the use of ICE guidance and an open-tip, irrigated catheter which is less likely to result in clot formation during the procedure.

Now I am of course going to do what my EP instructs and I won't be able to talk to him for a few weeks. What are the odds of the Mass General EP Lab, who are quite advanced in the EP art, using ICE guidance and "open-tip irrigated catheter"?
I know he used AF catheter but that's about it
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login