Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

diarrhoea

Posted by janet 
janet
diarrhoea
October 04, 2012 02:24PM
Looking for some advice please - I'm now in my 4th day of bad diarrhoea and abdominal cramps. Any food or drink passes straight thro - just been to gp who prodded my stomach and said give it another couple of days and go back if no better. I'm concerned about electrolyte balance as I'm 15 mths post ablation and dread that being upset. Dr thought it probably a bug but didn't offer any advice on how to get thro it - so suggestions welcome. Btw I ha
ve been visiting my dad in hospital for 10 days so may have picked up something.Many thanks, janet
Elizabeth H.
Re: diarrhoea
October 04, 2012 04:27PM
Janet:

This is just something I remember when dealing in the past with my kids, with your problem---make some rice pudding and put lots of cinnamon on it, or also put some cinnamon in some warm water and drink it, seems to help.

Liz
October 04, 2012 04:39PM
Janet, everyone knows that hospitals are the germiest places on the planet, so it's not at all surprising that you might have picked up a bug there. The stress of dealing with Dad in the hospital could have lowered your immune system, as well. No matter what, keep up your fluid intake in order to keep from becoming dehydrated. I hope you feel better soon with no setbacks heart-wise.

Liz, I have never heard of this before, but a quick google search shows that you might be onto something here.

[www.herbwisdom.com]

lisa

So much of medicine is looking solely down the wrong end of the gun barrel, and that is really a pity for all of us---Shannon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2012 04:41PM by lisa s.
October 04, 2012 05:47PM
Stay away from dairy; drink plenty; eat only what will stick to your ribs such as oatmeal, rice, banana. Watch your magnesium intake as it may exacerbate your problem. If it continues you may wish to take something like Immodium as a last resort to keep things inside.

I picked up a bug helping care for my dad in hospital the past three months and the above seemed to settle things pretty fast.

Good luck. I had seat belts installed on my washroom fixtures.

Murray L

Murray L

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tikosyn uptake Dec 2011 500ug b.i.d. NSR since!
Herein lies opinion, not professional advice, which all are well advised to seek.
October 04, 2012 10:23PM
C. Difficile?? Have you been tested?
janet
October 05, 2012 08:19AM
Thanks for all your advice. As my default setting is constipated I just couldn't believe the last five days. I do eat banana and oatmeal, and will try the cinnamon, Liz.
October 12, 2012 10:08PM
Imodium AD works wonders!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login