Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Afib and food intolerance related Gerd

Posted by Carol 
Carol
Afib and food intolerance related Gerd
October 01, 2012 05:11PM
Since afib is often triggered by acid reflux/GERD, I thought that I should mention that I have recently found complete relief from acid reflux by eliminating dairy products.

Jackie, bless her soul, with respect to Afib has long warned of the connection in some individuals of acid reflux and food intolerances.

I am hear to say that I found almost immediate relief upon stopping milk, cheese, sour cream, ice cream, yogurt. etc. I had struggled with acid reflux, hoarse voice, coughing up phlegm for a long time and had my sleep interruped by it for years. No more!

Another big food intolerance for many people is wheat.

Carol
Re: Afib and food intolerance related Gerd
October 02, 2012 01:26PM
Carol - I'm so glad to read that you have finally conquered that digestive issue. There are many facets to finding the culprit but immediately, we should suspect the food sensitivities starting with the gluten protein and dairy protein and very often others such as corn, eggs and soy.
With the use of so many GM products in agricultural production food, many more people are becoming sensitive than ever before.

Tom C tells us that just wheat, itself, was a big culprit for him, yet others need to eliminate every source of gluten and not just wheat. It's unfortunate that most doctors either don't know about or choose not to get into food sensitivity/tolerance testing, but it's highly effective and spares individuals much grief. It's often said that if everyone 'cured' their food reactions and stopped the associated complaints...such as arthritis... doctors would go broke. Food for thought. I can't imagine practicing medicine and offering a thorough diagnoses to patients without testing for food sensitivites.

Be well.

Jackie
Anonymous User
Re: Afib and food intolerance related Gerd
October 05, 2012 10:55PM
I wonder if mine could be food related as well. I'm wondering if anyone has these kinds of symptoms with the afib. I did not until this year and until staying in for more than a day at a time.

I have been in Afib, since Saturday night, 6 days, and atenolol is not working. I feel tight / bloated in the upper abdomen and my stomach feels like it is going into my throat and strangling me, when I get these episodes. Also if I bend forward slightly, the pressure against the upper abdomen causes gasping for air, and my head feels like it is filling up or being cut off like from strangling. I also feel like I have an inflamation in the gut.

I told my doctor, while I was in Afib and that I thought it might be diverticulitis or an infection something and asked for an atibiotic and he told me to "Tell the truth". Needless to say, he is not my doctor anymore.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login