Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wheat is bad for you?

Posted by Chuck Connors 
Wheat is bad for you?
April 04, 2012 01:39AM
I've read in this forum that wheat is bad for you. Is this true, and if so, is there any evidence to back up such a claim?
Anonymous User
Re: Wheat is bad for you?
April 04, 2012 02:28AM
Wheat is definitely bad for celiacs and other gluten intolerants. Since starting to post on this board I have noted that wheat (gluten) is considered to be bad for afibbers too. I wonder if this is coinicidence or cause and effect? Hopefully, someone will elucidate for both of us.
April 04, 2012 02:26PM
Chuck - yes... it's the gluten/gliaden protein in grains such as wheat, rye, barley, oats, spelt and triticale that cause reactions in some individuals.

There are two posts on this topic that explain how complicated it can be.... and many more posts if you use the Search feature and type in gluten.

Testing for the sensitivity is the most accurate, but you can just eliminate those grains for two months and observe your reactions.You have to carefully read labels on anything packaged and eat as plainly as possible in restaurants. Gluten free products may not be 'as advertised' as there is a lot of cross-contamination according to those who deal with this on a regular basis.

The sensitivity causes a reaction that produces inflammation... either in the GI tract or systemically... in some sensitive individuals... it's not only celiacs. Inflammation is well known to contribute to arrhythmia.

Conference Room 54 -
CONNECTING THE DOTS - EXAMINING THE SUCCESS OF THE PALEO DIET IN AFIBBERS
[www.afibbers.org]

Dangerous Grains - The Gluten Sensitivity Conundrum
[www.afibbers.org]

Jackie
Windstar
April 05, 2012 11:52PM
Hi Chuck,

I have recently been getting quite an education about grains and how almost all of them, even organic, contain mold and mycotoxins, and are bad for everyone, not just celiacs and those who are gluten intolerant. If you go to the website, www.knowthecause, you will be able to read all about it. This website deals with fungus and how it is the basis for many diseases. Whether that is true or not, I'm not sure, but fungus in and of itself is an awesome foe. My dad suffered greatly from esophogeal fungus and would not alter his diet; eventually it killed him.

Best wishes in your research about grains.

Windstar (Nancy)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login