Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Who is the best EP in Toronto, Canada????

Posted by Ivan 
Ivan
Who is the best EP in Toronto, Canada????
February 27, 2012 07:58PM
Can someone please refer me to the best EP in Toronto, Canada?

Could be an MD that does regular ablation orone that does cryoablation.....

An equivelant to Dr natale or Dr Vivek reddy in the USA???
Murray L.
Re: Who is the best EP in Toronto, Canada????
February 28, 2012 12:08AM
Check the list. There are at least two who are among the best rated in the world within 20 minutes of the north end of Toronto. And Southlake is the REGIONAL cardiac centre. The wait is lengthy. 6-12 months to get a consult. Another 6 months to have a workup done. And when a course of action is decided upon it may be another 6 months in line. Our medical system is wonderful and free but there are drawbacks. If your aFib is highly symptomatic you may want to consider spending the money and going to Bordeaux or seeing Dr. Natale.

You want someone that deals with HUNDREDS of aFib cases annually and has a thousand or more under his/her belt. Especially if ablation is the route chosen. And you want to be absolutely sure that it is the experienced hands that are playing around in your heart and not the hands of someone doing this for the first time.

Good luck.
lorne
February 29, 2012 11:51AM
the wait list in BC is much shorter. You could try to get referred to a Dr. Leather who is excellent. I am from Calgary where the wait list is 12 months and i went to Dr. Natale.
February 29, 2012 12:09PM
lorne,

Was your ablation by Dr, Natale covered by Canada's health insurance plan?

Buster
Lorne
March 01, 2012 12:15AM
No I tried without any luck. Went into persistent fib and they still said it would be a year.
Ron B
March 01, 2012 06:06PM
Lorne what was your experience like with Dr Natale. (where is he by the way) Did you have to travel there several times to see him? Was there anything you needed to do to prepare for the ablation. Were you kept in the hospital to recover? What is the cost? What is the wait time.

I am from Canmore - close to Calgary, and although I am with a Doctor who charges a lot, they do not see a lot of patients with afib. I would like to move forward sooner rather than later to have an ablation. I would like to be in with a cardiologist now who can look at my various mineral and nutrient levels and give me guidance.

Do you have a recommendation in the Calgary area, or should I just move forward with Dr. Natalie.

Alternately you mention Dr. Leather. Has he done 1000's of ablations?
Lorne
March 01, 2012 06:51PM
Ron,
Yes i would either go to see Natale. He works out of California Pacific Medical, Scripts or in Austin Texas. You would need to see him for a evaluation and then the surgery. The cost is 35k. The other place i would go is bordeux, france. Seems really far but they are the best in the world and cost 20k. Leather is suppose to be very good but still may take you 6 months. If you want i could forward you Natale's assistant's email.
Ivan
March 02, 2012 12:38AM
I can wait a couple years to get it done. It's not persistent AFIB. I've had it for six years what's another year or two. I'll check out the EP's around Toronto.
30k seems like big money, especially if there is a possibility I may need need two or three oblations.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login