Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fundamental to health

Posted by William 
William
Fundamental to health
July 28, 2011 12:29AM
Good digestion is good health, so it looks like the right kind of iodine was what I needed.

Early results of the use of Tennant's advice on the importance of iodine
for digestion appear to show that I might have avoided too many years of
wretched illness (heart arrhythmia is deficiency disease) if I had supplemented with the right kind of iodine.
Not all iodine is equal; I'm using Magnascent from magnascent.com by
dropping up to 7 drops on the hairless part of a forearm.

The experiment was to eat cooked meat, first a large fat porterhouse
beef steak slow-cooked (3 hours) to medium rare, then 1½ lb.
grass-finished ground beef cooked about the same.

For that last 16 years such a meal always put me to sleep (maybe more
like a coma) in about an hour, and there was nothing I could do about it
until now. Far more energy the day after; I can test because this is the
time of the annual 10 cords of firewood stacking. Blood sweat and back
ache (until stopped eating tomato).

This is probably not idiosyncratic, as iodine deficiency is common.
Note:For the past few months I've also supplemented with potassium gluconate powder and magnesium glycinate/Albion process. Effect on digestion not known.

"...if you don't have enough stomach acid, whole or partially digested proteins reach the small intestine and are absorbed. The body recognizes these as foreign since it didn't make them. thus you become allergic to the foods you normally eat! Now about 20-40 minutes after each meal, your body thinks it is being attacked by a foreign protein and attacks it. Thus it is like having a mini case of the flu after each meal! This is why so many people feel sleepy soon after they eat. They say "I ate too much and it made me sleepy". The reality is that their body is attacking the proteins they just ate.
{note: Kouchakoff on leukocytosis -William}

The reason for this allergy is lack of stomach acid. So why don't you have enough stomach acid? Making stomach acid requires iodine, zinc, vitamin B1, water, salt, and carbon dioxide. Americans that don't eat sea weed regularly are deficient in iodine. The amount of iodine in table salt is about 1/1000 of what you need, there is no iodine in sea salt, and our soils are devoid of iodine. About 80% of the population is deficient in zinc. Thus most people have allergies because they can't make stomach acid!"
From p.266 Healing is Voltage - The Handbook

William

Jerry Tennant, MD, MD(H), MD(P) "Healing is Voltage - The Handbook"
GeorgeN
Re: Fundamental to health
July 28, 2011 07:23AM
William,

Do you take the 1% or 2% formula?

On their site, I noticed for the 2% formula is says "Each drop provides 400 mcg of nascent iodine which is the RDA for an adult. " The 1% formula is says "Each drop provides 200 mcg of nascent iodine which is the RDA for an adult. "

Not sure how the RDA can be both 200 & 400.

The meal you describe seems large to me. I too eat grass fed & finished beef, but you're eating 3x what I do at a sitting, plus the porterhouse. I'm pretty active, but that would seem like overkill to me. How often do you eat like this?

George
William
Re: Fundamental to health
July 28, 2011 08:57AM
The bottle says 1% iodine by weight. It also is recommended to dilute and drink it, while just put it on skin.
If you read more of the website, it is made by Christian missionary(s); maybe they have powers not known to us wrt RDA. winking smiley

/my bad. It was two meals separated by two days.
I eat once/day except for a small gob of pemmican for breakfast. Think it might buffer the coffee.

William
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login