Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Exerciseing While In Afib

Posted by Lon 
Lon
Exerciseing While In Afib
April 01, 2011 07:12AM
I am now in afib 24/7 and awaiting a PVA scheduled for July. In the past when I have had afib there is no way I could continue playing golf, tennis or any other sport. My pulse was not only irregular but fast and I was totally winded and lacking energy. Now, I am in afib but my heart rate is slower and though I feel about 70% normal it's not as bad as in the past.
I just finished playing nine holes of golf (no way could I play 18) and moved very slow. I felt no dis comfort but was a bit short of breath and not up to my usual energy level. I am taking Multaq and have started Warfarin. I look forward to the day when I can get off both. As long as I am 24/7 I will have to content myself with an occasional 9 holes of golf and short walks for exercise. That's about all I will be able to handle until I get back into NSR.
Barb H.
Re: Exerciseing While In Afib
April 01, 2011 03:40PM
Lon - try to keep you eye on the ball...the one that's coming your way in July! Knowing that you have a 'way out" of this place should help you get through these next few months. Where are you going for your ablation?

Hang in there ~ Barb
Lon
April 01, 2011 04:09PM
San Francisco
April 02, 2011 05:59AM
Lon - it certainly makes sense to do what you can and remain as mobile as possible while you are waiting.... but certainly, don't push or overexert a heart that is already struggling. I wish you well for a safe and successful procedure.

Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login