Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Biotin and EPO

Posted by Sue 
Sue
Biotin and EPO
November 01, 2010 09:15AM
Hi, a poster named Liz posted some time back, I believe 2007, that she stopped her afib using Biotin and Evening Primrose Oil. I was wondering Liz if that is still the case and it is still working for you. Please let us know! Sue P.S. If yes, are you still taking the same dosage?
Elizabeth H.
Re: Biotin and EPO
November 01, 2010 12:26PM
Sue:

I still take biotin and evening primrose oil, 5000 mcg. of biotin and 1300 mg. of evening primrose oil. The combination stopped my palps, I hated those with a passion, and I can say I havn't gotten any palps since taking those supplements, that is about 2 1/2 years ago.

I still get afib but not very often, the last episode I had was in May, that is almost 6 months. I have read that biotin helps with digestion, especially fats, I don't have any digestion problems. I believe that the more palps one has, afib is easier to occur.

I posted my success with these two supplements stopping my palps but I guess it didn't work for others.

Liz
christy
November 02, 2010 03:37AM
I started 1000 mg Biotin about one month ago after reading the post about how it helped someone here with PVC's. I have to say that my heart is much calmer! I take 1000mg 2 or 3 times a day with Mag. Glycinate and Nattokinase. I take other supplements in the morning along with these, but I really have noticed a difference since the Biotin. Also, I am seeing a Homeopathic doctor and my heart felt much calmer after one particular remedy for the heart. I am now on a remedy for cancer and have been on a few others since seeing her. I have had to interrupt the remedies for cancer and heart because of a pesty tick bite that won't stop itching. The Dermatologist said she would normally cut it out but since it is on my mastectomy arm, she doesn't want to do that unless nothing else works. She gave me a steroid cream but I have been using an American Indian salve with herbs with better luck. Anyway, back to the Biotin. It does seem to be helping. It sure can't hurt to try it. It is cheap and easy to find!

christy

Sue
November 02, 2010 04:22AM
Hi, I started taking Biotin also after reading her success and I have to say my heart is alot calmer too, I will continue the Biotin. Christy what is the remedy the Homeopathic doctor gave you for the heart, I would like to know. Thank you, Sue
christy
November 02, 2010 05:00AM
Sue

The remedy my doctor gave me is Calc Carb. But, I have to tell you that you really need to see a Homeopathic doctor and let her ask you all the questions and know all your health issues before you will find the remedy that is just right for you. Your remedy could be very different than mine. Also, my remedy was a higher dose than what you would buy at the store. And, I only took it once a week. I had to go off it after the 3rd dose because of the tick bite. I am anxious to get back on another remedy for my heart because it isn't as stable on the cancer remedy. If you do take a Homeopathic remedy, be sure not to drink coffee (it is the oils), or use mint or menthols. Not even in toothpaste or soaps, shampoos or cleaning supplies, as it will delete your remedy.

Well, tomorrow is my annual cancer check- up. Say a big prayer for me!

christy

November 02, 2010 07:33AM
Biotin plays a role in methylation.... very important process, especially for afibbers as they are known to be poor methylators.

Erling has contributed several posts commenting on the critical importance of methylation. I'm pressed for time or I'd go into it a more completely.
Be sure to read PC's contribution in the Conference Room....
[www.afibbers.org]

Good that biotin helps those who are using it. I tested low in biotin many years ago and began using it separately in addition to the substantial B Complex I was already using.

Jackie
Sue
November 02, 2010 08:34AM
Christy, do you live in Orange County, Calif. by any chance? I am trying to find a homeopathic doctor around here, thanks. Sue
christy
November 02, 2010 11:21AM
Sue,

No, I live in Georgia, but my doctor has patients from all over. She is from Germany and has a great background in schools she has attended in Homeopathic medicine. I think she does do consultations via email and phone. Can I email you her website? If so, and you are interested, I will tell her to expect to hear from you. She is really one of the best and I love her! She may know of someone in your area if you want someone you can actually see.

christy

christy
November 02, 2010 11:40AM
Jackie

Thank you for posting the link about Biotin! Will check it out.

Christy
Teri R
November 02, 2010 02:05PM
Jackie-that article is SO over my head. Can you explain it plain English for those of us who aren't medically inclined?
Josiah
November 02, 2010 11:08PM
christy,

Are you certain that you're stating your biotin dose (1000 mg) correctly? Your dose is two hundred times what Liz is taking.

Josiah
christy
November 03, 2010 01:45AM
woops....I meant 1000 mcg! Thanks for catching that. Actually, I am going to buy 500mcg next time since I take it 2 to 3 times a day. I read that you should take smaller doses a few times a day instead of one large dose. For me, the smaller doses of anything work better.

thanks again, Josiah

christy
Sue
November 03, 2010 08:44AM
Christy, yes, I would love to have her website, thank you. Sue
PeggyM
November 03, 2010 10:34PM
Christy, about the tick bite that would not stop itching, try directing the low heat of a hair dryer onto it. It will probly itch like mad for just an instant, then it will feel like you finally scratched that itch, and the relief will last longer than that produced by cortisone creams, and heaven knows it is a lot cheaper. This works on hives and on poison ivy and on chigger bites, try it and see.
PeggyM
christy
November 04, 2010 01:24AM
Thanks, Peggy. I will try that. I have tried everything else and it always starts itching again sooner or later. I saw my Oncologist yesterday for my yearly exam and she said no one wants to touch someone if they have had a mastectomy. Very frustrating for those of us who have had one.

Sue, I will send you the site later today....you will love her!

christy
PeggyM
November 04, 2010 02:57AM
Cannot comment on mastectomy, thank goodness, but have dealt with poison ivy, insects, chiggers, et al for many years while living and working in and around Washington DC in the 80's and 90's. DC is a southern city in terms of subtropical climate [ and sometimes more tropical than sub] and tropical pest levels. Poison ivy is the most likely rampant weed one might encounter in overgrown areas there. It is a very common garden weed pest too. i was very pleased to discover how much better its progress becomes when immediately treated with a hair dryer. Sounds too simplistic to be real but you try it. I think if we could spread this little clue far enough , we could run the makers of that useless calamine lotion out of business. Hasten the day.
PeggyM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login